[NL2-NL10] Nl 5 Sh Jj

• lokiah
      lokiah
      Bronze
      Villian stats:18/13 with fold to cbet 67% and 100% bet vs missed CB IP and 72% bet vs missed CB OOP(showing he would take stab when show weakness)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($8.86)
      BB ($2.15)
      Hero ($5.46)
      UTG+1 ($5.22)
      CO ($2.58)
      BTN ($5.40)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: J:spade: , Hero raises to $0.15, UTG+1 calls $0.15, fold, fold, SB calls $0.13, fold

FLOP ($0.50) 6:spade: 8:spade: 7:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.24, UTG+1 calls $0.24, SB calls $0.24

TURN ($1.22) 6:spade: 8:spade: 7:heart: A:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, UTG+1 calls $0.40, SB folds

RIVER ($2.02) 6:spade: 8:spade: 7:heart: A:club: T:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $1.45, Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $1.93

I was betting that flop and prob folding to a raise.When the UTG+1 just called on the flop I was abit worried as he could be inducing the SB to call as well which SB did.

Turn :when the ace came Im thinking to bet small as i think they would probably be more honest with the ace around so i bet small once again probably folding to a raise.When the UTG+1 just called there i narrowed his range down to flush draw and maybe straight draw.

River,so any 9 came would be a straight.I was tempted to bet there but I think he was capable of raising there as a bluff as I saw him 4 bet jam with 2nd pair b4 onflops.so I check and he bet pretty big.I thought about it and was tempted to call but then decided against it.

Is that too nitty?What kind of range of hands would bet that river?seem pretty polarised the way the hand went to 9 or norhing .As i dont think an AXs would bet that big for value?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Bet more on the turn- I´d prefer around 0.8$. Ace is generally better card fo your range and if they just called on the flop then you can expect also ahead on the turn+ small bet might always induce bluffraise from draws.
      T is not the best card, since 98, 97 got there. I´d likely would bet small to 0.4$, since he can still call me down with worse one pair hands and at the same time it might also induce him doing smt stupid- like making small bluffraise with worse hands. If you check then you likely have to c/f, since he would also valuebet there two pair hands against to your river check
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello lokiah,

Preflop: Those limits are still pretty small for just starting to do the 3xBB raise. And from UTG I'd definitely do it 4xBB.
      Flop: Why do you bet so smallish? Bet it bigger, we need to protect our hand. ~$0,40 at least.

As played
      Turn: Once again, you are just telling the story about your hand that the ace beats you now. If you want to continue betting and which I would most likely I'd bet it bigger ~$0,80 at least.
      River: Nah, no point to continue anyways here. Couple of draws completed. Some A high did hit for the FD on turn also. Nothing you beat. Also if he is rather passive guy he wouldn't bet anyways.

Best regards.