Triple donked today! :'(

• vanderveen89
      vanderveen89
      Bronze
      I can't believe the donktastic night I've just had.
      All in pre-flop AK vs 910,
      9 on the flop, no A or K on turn or river... No idea why he went all in with that hand though...
      Then, I had A7 limped in on BB, but got A47 on flop. Went all in after opponent tried a steal. He calls with KJ. Get's K on turn, J on river. At this point I feel pretty proud I'm laughing at it and not raging over it.

Then on my 3rd table I go all in preflop after a guy tries stealing my early position AA raise. He has 66. 6 on river.

And then I said goodnight.

Ending the 3rd night of my downswing, at 19.90 after crawling from $8 to $29... :(
  • 34 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hi vanderveen89,

I hope you are feeling a little better by now? It can always be hard to take some bad beats, even more so when they are consecutive and close together. However, given time, you will soon quickly forget about them.

The positive thing about it all though and I think it's very important to keep this is mind is that you made the correct moves and you were just unlucky.

Unfortunately for us, the cards have no memory! They don't remember if they have been bad to us, or that the last time we did the same thing that we lost when we shouldn't have.

The key to it all is, that you got the money in correctly and you made the right decision. After that, there is little you can do to influence the result! Just remember that you will be rewarded for the correct plays in the long run and that over the short period, luck will play a factor :)

I am going to link you to some of our psychology articles too. I think you should take a look at them and see what informaologytion they have to offer.

I wish you the very best in beating your current downswing :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • tatisan
      tatisan
      Bronze
      Next time, just fold the Aces! :D
    • lennyCro
      lennyCro
      Bronze
      Then, I had A7 limped in on BB, but got A47 on flop. Went all in after opponent tried a steal. He calls with KJ. Get's K on turn, J on river.

Don't get it... what went wrong in this hand?
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennyCro
      Then, I had A7 limped in on BB, but got A47 on flop. Went all in after opponent tried a steal. He calls with KJ. Get's K on turn, J on river.

lol, i have the same problem. :f_biggrin:

fish went broke and you still complain:P :f_biggrin:
    • vanderveen89
      vanderveen89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennyCro

Oh I see. My bad in typing it, it may not have been A47 but it was Axx on the flop, all below ten for sure. My bad on typing it, I was in a rush, and only just got elephant installed properly last night, so I couldn't check the exact way the hand went down :P
    • vanderveen89
      vanderveen89
      Bronze
      And YES! Downswing over!!!!

I went from about $18 this morning to $26.97 (EDIT: $32.00) by 10 tabling the micro tables with SS strategy! After reviewing some articles on PS.
      Time for a lunch break though, and I'll be back at it after, until this streak of profit starts to come to a halt.

EDIT:
      So I guess...
      /endthread
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey vanderveen89,

Glad to hear you are back on track matey :)

Don't forget it is a long and windy road in your poker career so I hope it all goes well for you :) Have you every considering writing a blog in our bloggers section?

It's a great way of motivating yourself to become better :)

All the best,

Gary
    • vanderveen89
      vanderveen89
      Bronze
      Sounds like a good idea, I can get all the excitement out of my system, so all my friends dont have to put up with my raving about $10 here and $6 there.
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hi vanderveen89,

I hope you are feeling a little better by now? It can always be hard to take some bad beats, even more so when they are consecutive and close together. However, given time, you will soon quickly forget about them.

The positive thing about it all though and I think it's very important to keep this is mind is that you made the correct moves and you were just unlucky.

Unfortunately for us, the cards have no memory! They don't remember if they have been bad to us, or that the last time we did the same thing that we lost when we shouldn't have.

The key to it all is, that you got the money in correctly and you made the right decision. After that, there is little you can do to influence the result! Just remember that you will be rewarded for the correct plays in the long run and that over the short period, luck will play a factor :)

I am going to link you to some of our psychology articles too. I think you should take a look at them and see what informaologytion they have to offer.

Kind regards,
      Gary
      i have a question for,cause you have more info,and i had simmilar situation,just mine was more terriblle;
      AA vs AT-T995T flop
      KK vs 52-made flush on river w 2
      AA vs KK-K on turn
      88 vs 33-hit 3 turn
      QQ vs J9-J579J

This is just examples i can remeber short,i also saw AA vs AJ and guy makes flush,AA vs j7 guy hits trips...

all this is happening on ONGAME network,wich i already wroted,cause in 10 stg i had 5 bad bets like this up???and i dont need to mention that if by any case i was underdog,there wasnt a slim chance for me to outdraw my opponnent...

so,also i play poker more then3 years,so i am no novice,i did played enough,and yes,i am winning player on all networks,so i am NOT f.. fish or donk just complaining for his bad plays!!!!in this ongame skin,atm i should have 17% ROI by EV,ITS NOW AROUND 5%???

SO,QUESTION!!!
      i am interested who is responsible to overlook over their operations and fairness??
      i did complain,cause i also have a friend who also plays there,just higher stakes,in same situation,to their support and i would like to know who to report suspicions of fault play??and who can do something??or its just gray zone and we all play for money,but no police or somebody can help,if somebody is scamming???
      thanks for answer:)
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by janushr
      Hi vanderveen89,

Kind regards,
      Gary

i have a question for,cause you have more info,and i had simmilar situation,just mine was more terriblle;
      AA vs AT-T995T flop
      AA vs KK-K on turn
      88 vs 33-hit 3 turn
      QQ vs J9-J579J

This is just examples i can remeber short,i also saw AA vs AJ and guy makes flush,AA vs j7 guy hits trips...

all this is happening on ONGAME network,wich i already wroted,cause in 10 stg i had 5 bad bets like this up???and i dont need to mention that if by any case i was underdog,there wasnt a slim chance for me to outdraw my opponnent...

so,also i play poker more then3 years,so i am no novice,i did played enough,and yes,i am winning player on all networks,so i am NOT f.. fish or donk just complaining for his bad plays!!!!in this ongame skin,atm i should have 17% ROI by EV,ITS NOW AROUND 5%???

SO,QUESTION!!!
      i am interested who is responsible to overlook over their operations and fairness??
      i did complain,cause i also have a friend who also plays there,just higher stakes,in same situation,to their support and i would like to know who to report suspicions of fault play??and who can do something??or its just gray zone and we all play for money,but no police or somebody can help,if somebody is scamming???
      If you think 10 SNGs is a big enough sample size, you are even bigger fish if you only claim that online poker is rigged. :P
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hi vanderveen89,

Kind regards,
      Gary
      AA vs AT-T995T flop
      AA vs KK-K on turn
      88 vs 33-hit 3 turn
      QQ vs J9-J579J

SO,QUESTION!!!
      Hi Janushr,

I am currently playing SNGs myself at the minute and although I'm no expert and that I will give you a few pointers :D

When playing SNGs (I'm talking about one table SNGs with 9/10 players) it is important to stick with the 50 BI BRM) Meaning that if we play $1.50 SNGs the ideal bankroll we should have is 50x$1.50 = $75

The reason we need 50 buy-ins for the games, is that we cover ourselves for when the games get brutal. (By this I mean, we lose a lot of games we should be winning - but the cards don't go our way)

We can often experience a long spell of games where we don't cash, or cash very little - and I understand this can be frustrating! We are all human at the end of the day and when things are not going our way, we get upset!

The most important thing we can do as players, is to make the right plays, make the correct calls and get the money in ahead. If we are doing this successfully all the time, then eventually in the long run, it WILL pay off.

To get a decent enough sample in SNGs we realistically have to play at least 1000 games. After 1000 games we can then see how we are doing at the level accurately. We can see if we are making the right decisions etc.

If you've only played 100 games or less, then EV and ROI are pretty insignificant. They are insignificant because the luck factor can change massively from game to game.

For example, after playing 100 games recently I had a ROI of 21%, then after my next 100 games it had lowered to 12%. Things change so quickly in 100 games so that's why we need a sample of at least 1000 games to know where we stand.

If you are having difficulties with bad beats and downswings I really suggest taking a break for a day or two and clear your mind. You may find some solace in reading our Psychology articles

Hope this answered your questions :)

Gary
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Imo you are playing pretty result orientaded.

U cant feel good after a bad day or awesome after a positive one. Think about the play rather than the results ok?
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.73)
      BB ($49.07)
      Hero ($34.30)
      CO ($32.33)
      BTN ($19.50)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: J:club:

Hero raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.60, fold, SB calls $0.50, BB calls $0.40

FLOP ($2.40) 3:spade: K:diamond: 6:heart:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.80, CO calls $1.80, SB folds, BB folds

TURN ($6) 3:spade: K:diamond: 6:heart: J:heart:

Hero bets $4.20, CO raises to $11.20, Hero raises to $31.90 (AI), CO calls $18.73 (AI)

RIVER ($65.86) 3:spade: K:diamond: 6:heart: J:heart: 6:spade:

Hero shows J:spade: J:club:
      (Pre 81%, Flop 8.9%, Turn 97.7%)

CO shows 6:club: 6:diamond:
      (Pre 19%, Flop 91.1%, Turn 2.3%)

CO wins $62.86

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($13.70)
      BB ($27.27)
      UTG ($21.08)
      Hero ($50.59)
      BTN ($14.31)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: 6:diamond:

UTG calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, fold, SB calls $0.70, BB calls $0.60, UTG calls $0.60

FLOP ($3.20) 2:diamond: A:diamond: T:diamond:

SB checks, BB bets $1.50, UTG folds, Hero calls $1.50, SB folds

TURN ($6.20) 2:diamond: A:diamond: T:diamond: 9:club:

BB bets $2.90, Hero raises to $8, BB raises to $24.77, Hero calls $16.77

RIVER ($55.74) 2:diamond: A:diamond: T:diamond: 9:club: A:club:

BB shows A:spade: T:heart:
      (Pre 60%, Flop 17.5%, Turn 9.1%)

Hero shows K:diamond: 6:diamond:
      (Pre 40%, Flop 82.5%, Turn 90.9%)

BB wins $52.96

These 2 hands was from yesterdays session. Today is pretty much the same but more standart coolers (in total 10BI under EV + countless coolers)

The point is: We all are in the same boat. Have a ruff time and big Downswing? dont worry - that isnt biggest. There is always coming bigger one :D
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      no,it doesnt...i play every day 50-100 tourneys,i know my BRM(I never deposited money in online poker,i am just here to collect it)and i sure did played enough(imo at least 30k tourneys or more over 20+ rooms),but still IT DOESNT ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!i ll reapeat it;WHO IS RESPONSIBLE THAT ALL SHUFFLIN COMES CORRECT AND WHERE I CAN TURN SOME SITE TO BE CHECKED??AND THAT I RECIVE RESULTS FROM THAT CHECKING??'i think that a lots of us is playing online poker with our funds(doesnt matter you play 1$ or 100$ tourneys)and we dont have a slightless clue what is going on...and this guy who said i am fish results oriented in 10 stg,please,disproove me with results,cause its impossiblle to have 5 of 10 bad beats ie.. aa vs kk,qq vs 33,ak vs at,aa vs at,kk vs 25....i had 70,80% advantage,and lost all 5???and you find that normal??YOU ARE A F... FISHIZILLA WHO DOESNT HAVE A CLUE ABOUT STATS,RESULTS AND MATHS!!!!you are probably that bingo player who doesnt even know hands strangh in first place,just put it in and hope for the best...go learn the game and then you can come back and give some talk about it...anyhow,thats not my point,my point is this what i asked speccificlly;WHO THE F.. IS OVERLOOKING THE GAMES AND HOW I CAN GET SOME RESULTS AND BE CALM,after all,i am coustomer,too...reason i am asking is that i already tried and asked few questions,and look the wonder,i NEVER get any answer with results,all you can get is some page that is "MONITORING" them and there says;all is fine and correct...somebody else tried it??somebody ever checked it with site and supoort or w-e??i will happy to hear some people who succeed in this and have some answers and results????ANYBODY WHO CAN DISPROOVE ME AND SAY;here,i get this,you are idiot...then,i can admitt i am wrong....anybody who plays decent amount of games,imo,must come to point where he asks himself is this really possiblle???and thn,poker room should answer asap some results and show me;here,its all fine,here is the results,you can check it for yourself and check for yourself...i personally dont play for high amounts specifficlly for that reason,i should invest 100$ in a single game and then multtable 10,12 table,and i cant check results and feel secure???i am sorry,until i have proof(that means when i ask for some check,it comes on my mail instant!!!)my opinion is that nobody from you ever checked and you take results for granted,and you play with your money in insecure enviroment(look just on FTP) and all players should be able to see all what ever they want,if they play at that page...and i will kindly ask some maths whizz,who is more able then me and my friend FISHZILLA,to answer me;WHAT ARE THE CHANCES FOR A PLAYER TO LOSE 5 OF 10 STG ON THIS WAY MENTIONED ABOVE???thanks in advance for all answers...then we can carry on with this conversation.....and michelle,straight answer i asked,not some psyho crap,i am well over it,i am just unhappy to lose so often from some rubissh hands and i feel they are stoling my money more the they should...IMO,if all games are played fair and by the numbers,ALL POKER ROOMS WILL SOON RUN OUT OF BUISSNESS CAUSE OF LACK OF FISH(that straight means LESS BUISSNESS FOR THEM!!!)...
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nathanrenard
      Imo you are playing pretty result orientaded.

U cant feel good after a bad day or awesome after a positive one. Think about the play rather than the results ok?
      i am satisfied with my play,and why shouldnt i be results oriented,you play for score and fame and glory or for THE MONEY???i most certainly play for THE MONEY!!!and my problem is that i play well,put my money in good,and get shitty results???i have just one answer for you,and you can read it on end of my long post before,so i dont wrote it twice:) and yes,until prooven otherwise,poker rooms are staelin part of my mopney!!!!and they say to you when you get aces cracked w 25o,its JUST variance,it will come in tjhe LOOOOONG RUN;) LMAO....make it so loong,so they can make more MONEY!!!and ofc,THEY ARENT RESULTS ORIENTED,POKER ROOMS ARE LOOKING INTO LONG RUN FOR OUR HAPPINESS AND STATE OF OUR MIND;) LMFAO,LMFAO,LMFAO;)
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      and ofc,i dont intend to insolt anybody with my sacrcasam,i just want you to think for a moment:) i am sorry if somebody feels insulted:)
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      and yes,is it possiblle to know how much some poker rooms are making a month from players???and how they come to that amount??i think that anybody who thinks that poker rooms are here to our pleasure,should slap himself in front of mirror!!! WAKE UP!!!and ofc,most people is satisfied with this cause there is 90% of fish and 10% of sharks,just like in the sea,and poker rooms are playing mother nature(only for their own profit,mother nature doing that free;) and we all hear storys of doomswithch or when you withdraw,you start losing no matter what etc...i wont be starting with that,i just say that poker rooms are in some way making things more in their favour(look how FTP were pushing some players over others,mix money and who knows what more and this was 2th largest room??)and you still talk about integrity of market???they all should be visited and investigated by interpol,and make clear for all what is going on and stopp all rooms of doing what they want and that dont need to show any results,how the things are runnining and how much money they make by it...IN ALL OTHER CASES,WE ARE ALL SUCKERS in the long run!!!!at leat 98% of pool...
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      Man Grow up, Learn more about Poker.

and yes,is it possiblle to know how much some poker rooms are making a month from players???and how they come to that amount??i think that anybody who thinks that poker rooms are here to our pleasure,should slap himself in front of mirror!!! WAKE UP!!!and ofc,most people is satisfied with this cause there is 90% of fish and 10% of sharks,just like in the sea,and poker rooms are playing mother nature(only for their own profit,mother nature doing that free;) and we all hear storys of doomswithch or when you withdraw,you start losing no matter what etc...i wont be starting with that,i just say that poker rooms are in some way making things more in their favour(look how FTP were pushing some players over others,mix money and who knows what more and this was 2th largest room??)and you still talk about integrity of market???they all should be visited and investigated by interpol,and make clear for all what is going on and stopp all rooms of doing what they want and that dont need to show any results,how the things are runnining and how much money they make by it...IN ALL OTHER CASES,WE ARE ALL SUCKERS in the long run!!!!at leat 98% of pool...
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      WHAT IS THAT I MISS,WHEN YOU ARE SO SMART???i will gave same suggestion for you...i can show my results any day,can you=??so,let we see who is making comment and what level is there of knowladge so you say to me grow up...