[NL2-NL10] NL4 AKs BB vs UTG Limp Call

• MitNibbler
      MitNibbler
      Bronze
      Villain is super tight, 14,0,0 after 50 hands. That is his only limp where anyone raised, and he called it. He is passive post flop as well. He has only played 2 hands from this position at the table. Against a 14% range Equilab has me at 64.11%. But he does not have a 14% range from EP. I'm not really sure what range (%) you would give someone here. Any advice would be great, thanks

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $1.32
      SB:
      $6.45
      BB (Hero):
      $4.40
      MP3:
      $1.10
      CO:
      $8.94

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A.
      MP3 calls $0.04, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.18, MP3 calls $0.14.

Flop: ($0.38) 4, 6, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.19, MP3 raises to $0.84.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MitNibbler,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

If the villain is super tight then I'd rather expect him to have some kind of PPs in his calling range which actually did hit hardly on this flop. Which means I'd even consider Check/Fold in this spot rather than bet. Also if I would even bet then rather do it ~$0,24 and not make it look too weak. Such a smaller bet size could easily induce floats/raises.

Best regards.