This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Fresh start

• JohanRember
      JohanRember
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I've been playing poker on and off for about 6 years.

I've never collected my hand histories or properly analysed my game, so I really have no idea if I'm a winning player (which proves I'm not).

I started online 2007 when I exploited the fish on Everest Poker with my own little SS strategy - back then I was a winning player.

Now I find the games a lot tougher and I really need to start thinking a little more about ranges, and start analysing the players I'm up against.

I saw the Beginners course with the Exam and everything and I thought I'd give it a chance, once that is completed I will (hopefully) start looking a little more at MTT strategy as that is really the game I want to be playing.

I've registered and applied for the $50 bankroll and once everything is approved I'll start playing and hopefully climb the levels here for more materials.

Best regards,
  • 5 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hello JohanRember,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com and to the wonderful English Community :)

Great introduction from you :) I agree, the games have gotten tougher in the last few years but I do feel they are still beatable with plenty of hard work and dedication :)

Glad to see you will be participating in the NL Beginners Course too as I feel it's a must do for everyone. The material is really well laid out and the structure is awesome.

You will be printing the $$$ within no time and moving up the limits :D

If you need anything from me or our wonderful team please don't be afraid to ask :)

Kind regards and best wishes,

Gary
    • michellecip
      michellecip
      Bronze
      Hi John ! And welcome to our community !

Here you will find everithing you need to become a winning player !
      Good luck at the tables !
    • JohanRember
      JohanRember
      Bronze
      Hey and thanks for the warm welcome,

I've gotten my account set up to level bronze so now I have access to some more videos.

I'm hoping to move up in the local levels slowly, but surely :)

I guess the reason I want to be an MTT player is because I sat next to Liv Boeree in the Everest One tournament, and the rest were local frenchies that refused to speak English, needles to say I didnt feel entirely comfortable at the table.

Hope to see you all around!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi again Johan,

I see you mentioned that you were interested in the NL Beginners Course?Don't forget to signup and follow the instructions on this linky here, to get yourself started :)

I have no doubt you will find the course very worthwhile and you will find plenty of assistance from our wonderful Coach Veriz.

If there is anything I can help you with don't be afraid to ask :)

All the best,
      Gary
    • bringmecards
      bringmecards
      Bronze
      best of luck at the tables and welcome