[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR AKo BU open raise, 3-bet from SB, Hero?

• Brevvy2190
      Brevvy2190
      Bronze
      In this steal situation, where I have position, how light is the SB likely to 3-bet and is the 4-bet profitable in the long run? Is calling better in position? Or folding to wait for a better spot? With this spot being a potential resteal opportunity for SB with many marginal hands, folding seems too weak to me.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $6.45
      Hero:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , K:heart:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB raises to $0.26, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.78, SB folds.

Final Pot: $1.06

Cheers :)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Brevvy2190,

In this steal situation, where I have position, how light is the SB likely to 3-bet and is the 4-bet profitable in the long run?

He may 3bet you light, he may 3bet to tight, he may 3bet you never. :D Different opponents act differently. Poker ain't a game where you will always have a standard play-style, standard opponent. ;) Depends really on your reads and how you saw the opponent and also what's the opponents 3bet? And either the 4bet in long run is profitable or not that should tell us against what kind of opponent we are against. Against just some random unknown opponent who 3bets first time on the blinds against us we can even say that it's not profitable. Why? Since we don't know how tight or loose he is 3betting against us.

Is calling better in position? Or folding to wait for a better spot?

Well, do you expect the opponent to 3bet you light? According to that we can consider either we are Calling or not. Folding is of course the safest play. But while we just don't even know the opponent might even be better not to go for 4bet since we can't be sure that we are doing it for value. Also at the best might be a coinflip. It's a FR and it's not that likely that people defending their blinds that often on those stakes.

But of course as you went for a 4bet then there is nothing much to add, we are going broke.

Best regards.