Fakethat

• fakethat
      fakethat
      Bronze
      Hello everyone!

I'm a dutch guy (21 years old), currently playing poker in my spare time.
      Experience:
      - a few years ago 9m SnG style play with friends (1 euro or 2 euro's buy in, first 3 places paid).
      - a few years ago some experience with online poker
      - recently got back to poker again (this summer) with a BR of around 45 euro's (55 dollars) atm

I've got Elephant installed wich is a nice tool. I've been switching from BSS NL2 FR, to BSS NL2 SH, to SnG's (9m, 27m and 45m, all FR). I have a blog (click here) as well. HollyMichelle linked me to this course in my blog and yeah it looked cool. So here I am :)
  • 3 replies
    • fakethat
      fakethat
      Bronze
      Ok so here goes the homework for lesson 1.

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      Killing some time.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      Maybe my motivation.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?
      Tight in terms of playing around top 20% (or less, depending on position). And aggressive in terms of raising, always raise or reraise. Only call when I think I can get an opponent all in when for example I hit a set.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi fakethat,

Welcome to the NL Beginners Course :)

Glad to see you too me up on that offer then, I have no doubt you will find plenty of valuable information throughout the course and that you will be well looked after by our coaches :)

As long as you put plenty of hard work and effort into it, I am sure you will be climbing the micro limits in no time!

All the best and enjoy the course,

Gary
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Well, the motivation is for a lot of player the hardest part. It really depends what's your further plan with poker? If you really want to poker good in poker then as well you have to invest a lot of time into it. If you just want to have some fun then wouldn't be worried about the motivation part that much. :) At least try to learn the basics which may help you earn some money with poker.

Welcome to the Course and Best of luck! First points earned.