[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AQo OOP vs Calling Station

• 2 replies
    • Locito
      with an of AF of 1.0 the turn raise looks so strong...on the otherhand think he holds enough K/Q, Q/J, Q-10 to shove it...board is so perfect for AQ.

Wondering how ofter Veriz thinks you are beat....

I think against 51/11 players you should tighter your range OOP and bet more (5 BB at least).
    • veriz
      Hello foolboydesire,

Preflop: Being OOP and having one limper I'd most likely raise it even bigger. Plus of course we are against station, so something like $0,50/$0,60.
      Postflop: Boh, that's ugly for us. There are actually few reasons why I would consider folding:
      a) The opponent is loose-passive.
      b) The opponent has won so far of showdowns 71% of the cases, which tells us that he ain't fooling around with us.
      Only thing what talks for him is that:
      a) He doesn't have that many 3x hands in his range. But obviously he does have a lot more than any other player since he is playing 51% of the hands.
      Conclusion says that we rather see him having the stronger hand than weaker ones.

Although of course there are once again the question, can he play Qx hands this way? And from my view I'd say that I doubt that we gonna see that many Qx hands which gonna play that aggressively. Even more likely something like KK/AA. Also obviously 3x hands as well. Also if we do add some kind of Qx hands into his range:

Board: Q:heart: 3:heart: 3:spade:  2:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    61.18%  53.90%   7.28% { KK+, 33-22, AQs, A3s, KQs, K3s, QJs, Q3s, 53s, 43s, AQo, A3o, KQo, QJo }
      UTG+1  38.82%  31.54%   7.28% { AhQs }

We ain't gonna get very great equity against his range on turn. Which for me is Bet/Fold and for the crying fold obviously. :( Sometimes there are spots where we rather have to consider make the tight fold, even though we had the best hand than go for the all-in spot where we might be hardly beat.

Best regards.