NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.11)
      BB ($9.25)
      UTG ($15.51)
      UTG+1 ($16.72)
      CO ($16.41)
      Hero ($10)

Dealt to Hero 8:heart: J:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.20, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, BB calls $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.85) 2:spade: 9:club: 6:diamond:

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $1.25, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $1.25

TURN ($4.35) 2:spade: 9:club: 6:diamond: 2:club:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($4.35) 2:spade: 9:club: 6:diamond: 2:club: 4:diamond:

UTG+1 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $3, UTG+1 folds

Hero shows 8:heart: J:spade:

Hero wins $4.25

Hi,

MP is 80/40(10hands) and he likes to minraise. I 3bet him because I want to know how he reacts to 3bet.
      Maybe I should 3bet to bigger like $0.70?
      Unluckly, BB calls 18/9(11hands).
      I think I should give up on this Flop(3handed). However, I try to bluff and done with the hand if I get caller. But on the River, the Fish(MP) minbet looks so weak to me. So, I decided to bluff. I think I should just fold on the River or call his minbet for information.

thanks.
  • 8 replies
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      i understand what your trying here. but why check turn and raise the river...it dosnt make any sense...fire 3 bullets or give up
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      i really hate the 3bet preflop, ussualy such players tend to call a lot of 3bets, meaning, that you are putting money in being pretty much behind his range.

on the flop, i would probably just give up, im not worried about the bb, he is probably set mining or so and he wouldnt call anyways your cbet light.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello JHTAN,

Preflop: Well, the problem is that your hand doesn't have much equity either against any range. Our main idea is to take it down postflop. But are we able to do that? The opponent doesn't seem to be such a guy.

As played
      Postflop: Against 2 opponents I don't like CBetting at all. Rather just give it up. We can't even be sure if we can make any hand to fold which is PP or a pair. As you went for a CBet then you should barrel 3 streets not Check the turn and Raise the river, if he is a reasonable player he will never-ever fold this, your line just doesn't make sense.

Also of course only way to make some weaker PPs to fold is that you have to 3barrel.

Best regards.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Hi veriz,

How much do you 3bet VS minraise IP or OOP?
      As played, on the River, I think we have to call the minbet for information.
      do you agree with me?
      Check behind Turn and raise River line looks bluffy. So, I think it is a good value line if we have aces and we check behind Turn for pot control.

thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      How much do you 3bet VS minraise IP or OOP?

Usually I'd raise 4xBB or even OOP a bit more for the given reason that I don't give respect for min-raises. And if we do just 3x then we are giving very good odds for set-mining.

As played, on the River, I think we have to call the minbet for information. do you agree with me?

Wouldn't say we have to. The raise even at some spots works better. But the question is that if it's going to work against a fishy opponent. Only hands you could have made him fold is something like A/K high unfortunately. That's why I'd rather 3barrel if I would pick any lines at all against them. As I described Check back on flop.

Check behind Turn and raise River line looks bluffy. So, I think it is a good value line if we have aces and we check behind Turn for pot control.

Well, it doesn't look bluffy but it is usually. Since what hand would you Check behind on turn and then raise river? Doubt that you would Check behind AA for pot control there.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Well, it doesn't look bluffy but it is usually. Since what hand would you Check behind on turn and then raise river? Doubt that you would Check behind AA for pot control there.
      hello,

I don't think it is a "raise" on the River because I always assume "minbet"(1BB) as check. So, it is a bet for me.
      Sorry, I am not well in English.
      do you mean you will 3 barrel with ace for value? or you will check behind on Turn or River for pot control?
      Besides, how much do you bet in 3bet pot? I mean 1/2 pot on wet broad?

thanks.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I love testing how people react to 3bets on micro too, but you need to wait for your spot.

Find a little patience and do it with hands that are at least playable in the event of calls. Even vs someone who I have 1000 hands on at 95% fold to 3bet I am not going to take his raise on with J8o with 4 players behind me still to act. Just because he hasn't noticed it doesn't mean there isn't either someone with a real hand or someone being observant behind me ready to pounce with a 4bet.

Unless you are cultivating a spewy image in order to gear shift you almost never want to be seen as the guy who 3bet Jack-rag offsuit. Later light 3bets will get no respect at all from anyone who paid attention to that hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, rather 3barrel than pick such a line. If you really wanted to do it for value then you would never Check behind the turn, doesn't make sense. :( But as I said against station I wouldn't pick it. :D