Elertar
      Bronze
      Known players:    
      SB:
      $1,95
      Hero:
      $2

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , K:heart:
      4 folds, SB raises to $0,08, Hero raises to $0,24, SB raises to $1,20, Hero raises to $2,00 (All-In), SB calls $0,75 (All-In).

Flop: ($3,95) K:spade: , 3:heart: , 2:heart:
      Turn: ($3,95) 6:heart:
      River: ($3,95) K:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3,95

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows (Qs Qd)
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, kings (Ac Kh)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, kings (Ac Kh)

According to what I've read until now, it is advised to fold AK after the villain's 4-bet, but since this is a blind-steal situation and no specific information is given about this topic I decided to play like this. What do you think? Thank you.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Elertar,

Well, obviously it's doable if you consider him stealing with very wide range and even Calling 3bets with wide range. It's pretty much a flip anyways and BvB shouldn't be that huge problem to go broke.

Although what I sometimes do prefer is that I just Call and reevaluate it postflop if I expect the opponent rather stealing not that light and as well not calling down our 3bets that light. With playing it this way a lot of weaker Kx/Ax hands will pay us postflop. But if we do 3bet and then likely get it in then we are flipping it anyways or even far behind. Or do you expect the opponent going broke looser?

Best regards.
    • Elertar
      Elertar
      Bronze
      Actually it was the first hand I was dealt, so I had no info on the opponent. I just thought that having invested $1.20 I'd rather go broke with $0.80 as I would feel pot committed. But I guess this thought is wrong, as you advise me to just call. Anyway, I think your answer is very clear. Thank you.