This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [NL2 FR BSS] Value-betting on the flop

• Elertar
      Elertar
      Bronze
      Known players:      
      Hero:
      $2,58
      BU:
      $2,1

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:diamond: , K:heart:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, 3 folds, BU calls $0,08, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,19) A:spade: , A:club: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,09, BU raises to $0,20, Hero raises to $2,50 (All-In), BU folds.

Final Pot: $2,89

I wonder whether I should have slow-played this hand by calling the villain's 3-bet or not. Thank you.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Elertar,

Well, I don't like that much your play. :D I'd rather make a CBet of ~$0,12 and then reevaluate the further action. If he still raises then we can even 3bet against him but I wouldn't ship it. :D Shipping might just scare away a lot weaker hands, unless he expects you to level yourself here. With shipping you are anyways representing a very strong hand and rather made hand than a bluff.

One option of course would be to Bet/Call it and donk the turn as well to avoid him Checking behind. But at this case it might be the reason that you made a small bet which made him to bluff against you.

Best regards.