[NL2-NL10] AJ nl2

• Tombic
      Tombic
      Bronze
      low number of hands on mp2 but looks like he's TAG and he isolating limper. So trying to put presure on him or even take pot before flop. After he calls me i put him on 22+, AK, AQ(maybe). I think he'd fold any weaker cards from his isolating range. Should i cbet him, or try to take pot later?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $3,62
      MP2:
      $2
      Hero:
      $3,3

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , J:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,02, MP2 raises to $0,10, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,65) Q:diamond: , 6:club: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0,65) 5:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0,65) 6:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0,65
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tombic,

Of course it's doable but more often I'd prefer to know the opponent. :) But overall seems to be fine. Not much we can do postflop. Most likely there ain't gonna be many hands which are folding unless we plan to barrel rather more than just 1street.

But of course there is a question again, do you think you gonna play profitable in long run against unknown with 3betting and never CBetting?

Best regards.
    • Tombic
      Tombic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tombic,

Of course it's doable but more often I'd prefer to know the opponent. :) But overall seems to be fine. Not much we can do postflop. Most likely there ain't gonna be many hands which are folding unless we plan to barrel rather more than just 1street.

But of course there is a question again, do you think you gonna play profitable in long run against unknown with 3betting and never CBetting?

Best regards.
      I think i can take 2pots of 3 before flop to make it even. Problem is i did this with unknown and his vpip/pfr was 7/7 at that moment from 14 hands. Guess thats scared me from cbet, but flop is good for cbet just im not sure its a profitable move on 3 bet pots. From my expierence if people call 3 bet with trash, he will keep calling after flop aswell at least on nl2. And i cant bet for value here. Only thing i become to readable. At nl2 its hardly a problem, but will be on higher limits.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I don't like 3betting preflop, we're IP so a call is perfectly fine and we can play out the rest of the hand postflop and in position. When we 3bet we isolate ourselves against a much tighter range than his opening range, where our AJ hands are either flipping vs pairs, dominated by AQ+ or way behind QQ+ (Although he will 4bet those pre).

I think vs an unknown on NL2 who doesn't seem massively out of line we can assume a 3bet calling range of 88-QQ, AQ+ and maybe some suited connectors. So what are we 3betting for? It doesn't seem to be for value, and AJ is a hand too good to be bluffing with, so I think a call here is better, plus we get to keep the limping fish in the pot :)

As played, postflop I think you can cbet, it's a pretty dry flop and a lot of tight players are worried about getting involved in 3bet pots without anything but TPTK+. I think we can make him fold 88-JJ with at most 2 barrels, and make him fold AK to one barrel :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I don't like Calling since then we can expect very often other people come along. We have 4 people behind us! We don't want to play AJ in multiway pot. And why not to go for 3bet/Fold then? :> Should work perfectly well in long run. My plan ain't do it for value but rather just for fold equity.