[NL2-NL10] NL2 BSS KT in sb on paired board against bb

• denetomtom
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

BB Originally sat at table with $2
      stats against BB Hands 10 VP22 PFR22 FCB100
      I had been running good for about an hour and had doubled up before bb joined table so not many stats on him

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, K.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.06) 8, 8, 7 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.03, BB calls $0.03, UTG2 folds.

Turn: ($0.12) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08.

River: ($0.28) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.16.

Preflop: sb KT with 1 caller then according to bss shc this is a call.

Flop: Thinking as this is paired board it would be good flop to bluff with my overcards.
      Get called, now thinking could be up against draw or overcards

Turn: Thought suddenly hits me he could also have the 7, now definitely not sure what to. Do I bet to protect my bluff?
      Anyway end up checking which shows weakness , he bets and now dont no where I am in hand. So make desperation call.

River: If he was drawing he just made his hand and is value betting it or his he continuing a bluff from the turn when I shown weakness by not betting.

Question: Did I play this hand correctly up to this point, and is my thinking at each stage of hand correct.

I am a new player and this is the first hand I have posted to this forum so any pointers gratefully received.

• 2 replies
    • nathanrenard
      c/f turn imo.

There is no way ur making him fold any pairs, so you cant "protect" ur bluff. Now you are only running to hit 6 outs.

Call on the flop isnt that bad if we had position on villain, but since we are oop dont think is good aswell.
    • veriz
      Hello denetomtom,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Most likely I wouldn't even donk the flop vs 2 opponents. Rather just give it up. Against HU pot I might even consider doing that or with some draw or mid-pair. We can't be sure that they are even laying down hands like A high or any other PPs which are smaller.

As played Check/Fold the turn, no point to Call there anymore. It's just a freeplay pot not worth fighting.

Best regards.