"Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results." Einstein

• DJL1984
      DJL1984
      Bronze
      And it is that which brought me here!

Greetings!

So, I have been playing on/off for about 2.5 years now mixing mtt's, sng's and some cash....I've done ok in a couple of 180 mans but ultimately I am a losing player.

In the time i have been playing i have learned about a lot of new concepts but never really bothered to apply them or gain a deeper understanding of them and their application, so whilst there is a better player inside trying to get out... on the surface there is the same player from 30 months ago.

My aim by joining is to become more disciplined, gain a better understanding of the game and become a more respectable and hopefully profitable player.

Goalwise.... i worked out that over the last two and a half years im around £800 down ($1200), so just over £25 a month. I would like to overturn this in the coming year and also start from the lowest limits and move up to .25/.50 eventually, though not necessarily in the next 12 months.

I'm a sucker for a tourny too and would like to satellite into some of the bigger ones just for the thrill and hopefully a min cash which would probably be bigger than any of my tournament scores, so ill check on the sng section at some point.

Anyway, can anyone tell me if the school is up and running yet that is mentioned in the beginners video 1 to bss?

Look forward to learning with you all.

D
  • 4 replies
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hi DJL1984,

Firstly, welcome to the community and the forum! I'm glad you've joined us :)

I do like that quote from old Albert :) Although my personal favourite is;

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one

It's good to see that you've signed up here, and are attempting to really tighten up your game and start raking in the money!

I would advise that you stick to one game type, especially since you're really just starting your learning course. And since you mentioned about the BSS school, I'll link you to it here. If you follow the instructions on that page it should guide you through it :) Although if you have any questions just ask of course :)

And this is a great place to start reading to improve on some poker knowledge, and some fundamentals that will really help improve your game!

So I take it you've passed the starting quiz and have chosen a poker room? Where are you playing?

Hope to have a reply from you :)

Best regards,

Jim
    • DJL1984
      DJL1984
      Bronze
      Hi Jim,

Thanks fr your reply.

I passed the quiz a while back whilst still in my bone idle stage and quickly burned all of it on cake poker as I already had accounts at the others.

I am going to stick to pokerstars as I really want to overturn the big minus i can see next to my name on pokertableratings.com

Also, yes i am going to stick to full ring bss, starting at .02/.05 :D
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Yeah, it's easy to blow money through poker if you get a little bored!

Great to see you've enrolled in the course, I wish you every success through it! Veriz is a great coach ;)

And don't worry too much abouts ratings, it will all come in time :) (although I know the exact feeling!)

Any questions, just ask :)

Best regards,

Jim
    • bringmecards
      bringmecards
      Bronze
      best of luck at the tables and welcome