This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] TT overpair on doubled board Nl2 FR

• padretino
      padretino
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $2.00
      Hero (MP+1): $2.00
      CO: $2.86
      BTN: $0.77
      SB: $1.31
      BB: $1.68
      UTG: $5.42
      UTG+1: $2.00

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has T:spade: T:diamond:

fold, fold, MP raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, CO calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.27, 3 players) 5:diamond: 6:diamond: 5:heart:
      MP bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26, fold

Turn: ($0.79, 2 players) 8:heart:
      MP bets $0.50, fold

MP2 6/4/inf 52 hands

in the flop I only called his pot size bet especially to extract value from air, not wanting to isolate myself against hands that would most surely beat me.

i think his sizing in the flop was mostly due to being a mwp so i didnt think much of it at the time; besides he seemed really agro on the flop and being the PFR i think my call there is justifiable

on the turn though comes the real tough decision: him being so tight PF (99+,AQs+,AKo) i didnt put him in any draws there maybe just diamonds FD maybe but other than that i dont think he'd bet with backdoor FD and i dont think he ll 2 barrel me with air which leaves me against a range of 99+, FD in this situation.

i guess the fold here is the best play

note: i dont really think, as agro the villain could be, that he'd bet pot size on this mwp flop with FD, but hey its possible :s_biggrin:

edit: i think the raise on the flop is feasible for protection against FD
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello padretino,

Against almost pot size bet you can even consider folding it on flop while being in multiway pot. I doubt that we beat much there anyways. We just going for the 2 tens. :>

He doesn't seem to play a lot of hands either, rather nitty player.

Best regards.