CO: $6.67
      BTN: $9.41
      Hero (SB): $8.86
      BB: $6.00
      UTG: $4.09
      UTG+1: $5.77

Hero posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.06

Pre Flop: ($0.09) Hero has 4:heart: 4:spade:

fold, fold, MP raises to $0.24, CO calls $0.24, fold, Hero calls $0.21, fold

Flop: ($0.78, 3 players) 3:club: J:diamond: 4:club:
      Hero bets $0.60, MP calls $0.60, fold

Turn: ($1.98, 2 players) T:heart:
      Hero bets $1.55, MP calls $1.55

River: ($5.08, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero bets $3.81, MP calls $3.61

MP shows A:club: 8:club: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 49%, Flop 26%, Turn 16%)
      Hero shows 4:heart: 4:spade: (Three of a Kind, Fours) (Pre 51%, Flop 74%, Turn 84%)
      MP wins $11.58

River: what to do out of position...?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Well, against what kind of opponent are we against? Doubt that there are that many hands which are turning his hand into bluff on river anyways. Or either there are that many Jx hands which even would Call you unless they have 2pairs.

Depending on the opponent I'd act accordingly. But most likely if you expect him to have that many 2pairs and maybe even worse hands which may Call you then sure why not to ship it.

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      hmm... what do u say if I check/raise there? but I think donk bet is much better play that check/raise which is very strong play moreover it was multiway pot...(edit: I'm taking about the flop.)
      about our opponent I can say a lot... stats: (3700)18/12/27(steal)
      he looks like tag, solid player but after my observation he's got a lot of strange play in his range. He likes calling with 88 and after than on board Kxx shoves all in, calling with 66 and on the flop AKK he like rr... overall funny guy

edit. again standard question... is it possible to fold it on the river? Play check/fold? vs what kind of player should be to play c/f? I'm taking about being OOP.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, of course we could consider Check/Raising the turn but do we have enough information? Or of course even Check/Raise the flop. Is he aggressive enough?

But as played the river is kinda cruel, he made of course overall a mistake by Calling even with the FD on turn. :) But while he may have a lot of worse holdings then I doubt that I'd go for just Check/Fold there. Overpairs/2pairs a lot of hands are in his range and not only flushes.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      But as played the river is kinda cruel, he made of course overall a mistake by Calling even with the FD on turn. :)
      he made a mistake by calling on the turn if we count just dry odds so in this situation yeap he made a mistake
      but what about implied odds?
      in my opinion he played this hand correct and this play was EV+ for him

$1.98 (Pot On The Turn)+ $1.55 (My Bet On The Turn)+ $3.61 (Money Which He Can Win On The River)/ $1.55 (His Call On The Turn)= 4.6

ok... I counted his odds on the river and even with implied odd his call was mistake... I forgot about that some cards were drawing dead like Jc and Tc
      so

52-4-2-7(his outs without Jc&Tc)/7=5.57

sorry coach... you had right that he made a mistake by calling my bet on the turn. His play even with implied odd was EV-