UTG+1: $10.14
      Hero (MP): $12.91
      MP+1: $11.45
      LP: $10.44
      CO: $2.19
      BTN: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:heart: Q:heart:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, fold, CO raises to $2.19 and is all-in, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.69

Flop: ($4.63, 2 players) 8:club: 9:spade: 5:diamond:

Turn: ($4.63, 2 players) Q:diamond:

River: ($4.63, 2 players) 6:diamond:

Hero shows A:heart: Q:heart: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 47%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
      CO shows 8:diamond: 8:heart: (Three of a Kind, Eights) (Pre 53%, Flop 98%, Turn 100%)
      CO wins $4.40

Preflop: could I have called it?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Against his stack nothing much to do, I am also calling it down. While according his stack he seems even to be a rather bad player. Unless you have any other stats/reads?

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello BGawli,

Against his stack nothing much to do, I am also calling it down. While according his stack he seems even to be a rather bad player. Unless you have any other stats/reads?

Best regards.
      This call is fine even against unknown middle stack players right? I've seen so many of them shoving and calling with marginal hands...

And btw veriz, is there a chance you'll make videos on NL SH? I like your playing style a lot :f_thumbsup:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      This call is fine even against unknown middle stack players right? I've seen so many of them shoving and calling with marginal hands...

Well against 50BB it's closer. With those stacks we need ~36,5% equity for break-even Call which includes the rake, so if we take out then ~38% or even a bit more. Which can be achieved pretty easily if he expect the opponent to ship wide.

Although with 50BB guy the spot becomes more complicated, for the given reason that then we would need ~45% equity for break-even Call. And lets imagine him doing this with also made hands:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    53.75%  48.31%   5.44% { 55+, AJs+, AJo+ }
      UTG+1  46.25%  40.81%   5.44% { AhQh }

Obviously we could even put the opponent a wider range but for that we as well would need some kind of information. Since we are anyways flipping and do we want to flip and take the variance line here?

And btw veriz, is there a chance you'll make videos on NL SH? I like your playing style a lot :f_thumbsup:

Well, haven't had any offers yet. But I guess you can try and ask in the Coaching, Video and Hand Evaluation forums if you would really like to see me doing such a video. The case is that they nowadays do with a small project like not just game-play but have some kind of topic. Like running through the limits or something similar.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Is it possible to fold this hand vs this stack?
      what kind of reads/ stats do I have to got to fold AQs preflop?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      For example he is playing some semi-reg SSS. :> And is pretty nitty, which means not a spewtard. Although I doubt that I would fold that easily.