$25.32
      SB:
      $9.35
      BB (Hero):
      $31.97
      MP2:
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 9.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.75, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.6) 8, T, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.52, Hero calls $1.52.

Turn: ($4.64) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.50, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.64.

Stats: 40/30/5.0/11, 54% steal, 38% cbet (in 8 cases) in 86 hands

I don't want to fold, but it's kind of difficult to play 99 oop against an aggressive player like this too.

Should I fold on the flop, since he only has a 38% cbet? He'll usually have Tx, draws with overcards and can usually bluff me later too because he's aggressive.
  • 3 replies
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      He has pretty high steal %, its def. a 3bet preflop there and cbet flop.
      With your line its very interesting spot, cause you can actually sometimes c/r flop, c/c flop or i think donk bet flop.
      Turn is so good card for him to barrel. And pretty hard call for you.
      So i think against this kind of oponent, best play is 3bet pre and cbet 90% of flops.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BigOVERBET
      He has pretty high steal %, its def. a 3bet preflop there and cbet flop.
      With your line its very interesting spot, cause you can actually sometimes c/r flop, c/c flop or i think donk bet flop.
      Turn is so good card for him to barrel. And pretty hard call for you.
      So i think against this kind of oponent, best play is 3bet pre and cbet 90% of flops.
      The problem is that his fold to cbet was low, and I don't like playing against these kind of fishes oop with a pair like 99, on a big pot.

I could c/r on the flop, but then I'd have to give up if he called because the pot would be too big to call with 99. And I believe he'd call with even with 8x, GS + overs and all kind of hands.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Not against his range, his hands sample size. I am not folding the flop.

Although what I do agree is that my plan would be even sometimes just Check/Raise it right on flop. Which might even sometimes make overpairs to fold. If he is rather not such a showdown bound player. Plus we protect from overcards.

But overall seems to be fine, against some opponents I do sometimes even consider Check/Raising the turn while Ax is for him a good card for barreling if he is such an opponent. Plus with Check/Raising the turn we make a lot of hands to fold, which might even include Ax hands.

Best regards.