Tablet what to buy?

• variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      So my question is pretty simple. I want to buy a tablet but not sure what and where to buy.

I want to use moneybookers for it so my shops are a bit limited.

I need the tablet especially for watching Films when we go on holidays, surf the web and play some ordinary easy tablet games on it. So any idea what is my best choice.

Budget is €200-€350
      Inch: around 10 would be fine!

Looking forward to your reply,

:s_cool:

edit: I don't want a HP!!!
  • 3 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      I'm not sure about how the prices, but the tablets that are popular and people use are Ipad, Ipad 2, Asus Eee pad, Motorola Xoom. So these basically are the best ones, but I'm not sure if they are in your price range. About Ipad and Ipad 2, I would stay away from it, just because Apple sucks and because it doesn't have flash so many websites become useless. There are other tablets less known, but there is a reason why they aren't popular like they are slow and buggy, badly built. I would say get a good tablet, rather than shit one, and if you can't afford a good one there are always small netbooks.
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      Ipad should do the job for watching films and surfing the web etc.
    • vanderveen89
      vanderveen89
      Bronze
      iPad is what I use (1st gen). I don't know what you mean by "moneybookers" but if that's some sort of accounting software, I'm pretty sure you're more likely to find it on iPad than anything else. iOS runs smoothest of all the OS.

The cheapest one is 16gb (I have 16gb with wifi/gms). I store mostly apps and games on it and no movies, and I use it as a movie machine.

There is an AWESOME app called air video which is absolutely essential for me! Whenever you are on the internet, from ANYWHERE, you can connect to your home PC completely effortlessly and stream and convert ANY video file to a playable format on the iPad in an extremely secure fashion. It's faster and easier than even hooking up your iPad and converting and copying the movie over, cause it's wireless and streams instantly your video in great quality.
      I'll admit its not the BEST quality stream, but its fast, lag free 98% of the time, or hardly any lag at all only at the beginning of video. The quality is still impressive though for a home server streaming app. I'd say 8/10 video quality, 9+/10 audio quality when listening with my Beats headphones.

Best of all, imo, you don't fill up your 16gb with video files.
      Absolutely one of my favorite apps.

iPad has the BEST tablet games hands down. It's a monopoly really, anything else, had better be android, and if it is, you better be using android for that 2% of things it does that iPad can't. And you better not care about the 20% or w/e of things iPad does that android can't (or that it does way faster and smother than android).

9"

It's not HP. :)

As far as the hardware goes, I'm assuming you have kids those videos are all for, and yes, the ipad is a beast. The body is tough, I've dropped it lots and the metal body is dented a little but not even remotely serious and hardly noticeable. If you're concerned about the screen get a screen protector of some sort but honestly, you probably don't even need it.

I don't use screen protector, I bite my nails, and I play games where I'm swiping the screen like a spaz, fast and at random. Not a scratch since christmas last year when I got it.