• DJL1984

So I have been playing a mix of micro-cash, mtt's and sng's for the last 2 and a half years. In that time i've read a lot about concepts i should use but not really applied them and thus am pretty much the same player as 2.5 years ago.

Looking forward to this impoving hopefully in the coming months!
  • 3 replies
    • IngridN
      Hi DJL1984,

Welcome to our beginner course!

I also play HU sng's, find it very interesting and challenging!

I would like to see some hands/homeworks from you!

Chop chop get to it :D

• DJL1984
      Apologies for the delay in doing this, i still need to watch the video coaching but i will do that this weekend..

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

For the most part, i enjoy the game because it's a social activity when played with friends but is also great fun when playing solo. Like other activities i enjoy like scuba diving, the learning and knowledge expansion is an ongoing process that keeps the hobby interesting. Being able to earn money if i put in the volume and play well enough is an added bonus.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

Patience, I'm used to turbo tournaments where I have to widen my range when i start getting short while the blinds increase....i apply the same to cash games even though they stay the if i dont get a hand for 2 or 3 revolutions, 79o will arrive in my hands in early pos and start whispering sexy things like its a good hand.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Tight aggressive means only playing those hands that are likely to be the strongest, applying concepts like position to dictate what constitutes a reasonable holding...AQ in early for example is not considered strong if people raise and re-raise after but on the button with just limpers the cards appear much stronger. Aggressive means betting these strong holdings well, making opponents put down weaker holdings and sometimes even stronger ones. Playing aggressive allows you to extract value from your better holdings while saving equity by folding weaker ones.

• veriz
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Impatience is actually a huge leak for every poker player. A lot of live poker players have such a leak and obviously as well in online poker. You have to find yourself a way how you gonna ignore it or make it disappear. Try every time remind yourself! Forcing into your life to be more patient in any activity you do, not only poker. Force! Force! Force! Always remind what you came to do and the patience will just help you earning more salary not the opposite.

Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Some more points earned.