Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $26.1
      Hero:
      $53

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:spade: , K:spade:
      UTG1 calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, 5 folds, UTG1 calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.75) A:heart: , J:spade: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $4, UTG1 calls $4.00.

Turn: ($12.75) K:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($12.75) T:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $20.1 (All-In), Hero folds, UTG1 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $12.75

Perhaps I should have barrelled the turn, but the villain had shown down a gutshot and a no-odds set (called OR 2bet, called another player's 3bet with 33 playing less than half a stack).

His winning hands were all check-shoved. So I decided to avoid that on the turn and see what the river would bring.

Unfortunately the river card was close to the ugliest possible remaining card that could have fallen, and the hero-shove from villain is just two much. I dont think he has any bluffs in his range here and the only hands we beat are KJ, AJ.
  • 3 replies
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      I raise 2.50 preflop, cause he limped. He is a pretty passive player, so I think smaller bet on the turn would help us find where we stand. But yes, fold on the river is fine.
    • MaHnaK
      MaHnaK
      Bronze
      I think we still beat some hands in his range on TURN, hence i will go for half pot BET. But checking is fine aswell.

River it's clear FOLD.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jaissica,

Actually I wouldn't bet that big on flop, ~$3,50 should work perfectly fine. Of course the board is super-drawy but we don't want to make the pot too big either.

But as played nothing much I would change here. :) Nice Check on turn, no worse will Call you anyways.

Best regards.