This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH T5o loose steal, trips flop, quads river

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5,75
      Hero:
      $6,39

0,03/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:spade: , 5:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,18, SB calls $0,15, BB folds.
      of course this is questionable but i had just been stealing with almost any two as these guys didn't ever seem to adapt (despite SB's 29 VP$IP he was not ever calling raises, just open limping)
      if they started to call, i'd just give up postflop and tighten up stealing range

Flop: ($0,41) T:heart: , T:diamond: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.
      standard cbet as i hit and fd on board?
      i wanted to rep air, as that's my most common holding and i was raising like 100% of buttons

Turn: ($0,41) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,41, Hero calls $0,41.
      this is pretty interesting.
      of course i should most likely call this bet, but can i call another barrel on the river if he fires strong again? i'd rather be inclined to fold due to my non-existant kicker.

River: ($1,23) T:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,23, Hero raises to $5,80 (All-In)
      complicated decisions are over, i have nutzzzzz
      so my thoughts went, if he has any FH that he likes (seems to be the case) i should be able to stack him anyway, so just put him all-in and see what happens

, SB calls $3,93 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $11,55

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows four-of-a-kind, tens (T 5)
      SB shows (7 7) (incidentally imo this call was pretty bad, since his set now has no more value than a single 7)

Hero wins with four-of-a-kind, tens (T 5)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Yep, bet it right on flop, you have protect your hand. As played nothing much to add.

But I'd evaluate the actions preflop, do you think it's a great idea to steal vs loose opponents with T5o? :>

Best regards.