[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH T5o loose steal, trips flop, quads river

• Tomaloc
      Known players:

0,03/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:spade: , 5:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,18, SB calls $0,15, BB folds.
      of course this is questionable but i had just been stealing with almost any two as these guys didn't ever seem to adapt (despite SB's 29 VP$IP he was not ever calling raises, just open limping)
      if they started to call, i'd just give up postflop and tighten up stealing range

Flop: ($0,41) T:heart: , T:diamond: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.
      standard cbet as i hit and fd on board?
      i wanted to rep air, as that's my most common holding and i was raising like 100% of buttons

Turn: ($0,41) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,41, Hero calls $0,41.
      this is pretty interesting.
      of course i should most likely call this bet, but can i call another barrel on the river if he fires strong again? i'd rather be inclined to fold due to my non-existant kicker.

River: ($1,23) T:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,23, Hero raises to $5,80 (All-In)
      complicated decisions are over, i have nutzzzzz
      so my thoughts went, if he has any FH that he likes (seems to be the case) i should be able to stack him anyway, so just put him all-in and see what happens

, SB calls $3,93 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $11,55

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows four-of-a-kind, tens (T 5)
      SB shows (7 7) (incidentally imo this call was pretty bad, since his set now has no more value than a single 7)

Hero wins with four-of-a-kind, tens (T 5)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Tomaloc,

Yep, bet it right on flop, you have protect your hand. As played nothing much to add.

But I'd evaluate the actions preflop, do you think it's a great idea to steal vs loose opponents with T5o? :>

Best regards.