Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $24,75
      CO:
      $25,25

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , K:heart:
      4 folds, CO raises to $0,70, BU folds, Hero raises to $2,15, BB folds, CO raises to $5,60, Hero...

Villains openraise from CO is 27.
      4B: overall 13 (3/23), CO 25 (1/4) and BTN 33 (1/3) (not very useful)

Not everybody 4B with a wide range in FR but this Villain seems like he does it. Only calling and hoping for A or K shouldn't be the right play. So the its fold or shove?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Yeah, too bad that we don't have that many situations of 4bet. But I do agree that it's a very cruel spot. Usually in FR their ranges are much tighter and they don't play that much back. For the given reason I might even sometimes prefer to avoid the flip-spot and just fold it.

But practically you should have a small overview of the opponent already yourself. You have 650 hands on him. Should be a good overview how he plays his hands preflop or any notes?

Although of course according his stats he seems to be some kind of aggro maniac type of guy so shouldn't be even a problem if you went broke here.

Best regards.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      This was maybe the 3rd time he made this 4b against my blinddefense. I should have made a stand in this spot and in the worst case i get a flip.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by chocular77
      This was maybe the 3rd time he made this 4b against my blinddefense. I should have made a stand in this spot and in the worst case i get a flip.
      Then just 5bet and get it in. :) If you had aggressive history with him earlier.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello chocular77,

Yeah, too bad that we don't have that many situations of 4bet. But I do agree that it's a very cruel spot. Usually in FR their ranges are much tighter and they don't play that much back. For the given reason I might even sometimes prefer to avoid the flip-spot and just fold it.

But practically you should have a small overview of the opponent already yourself. You have 650 hands on him. Should be a good overview how he plays his hands preflop or any notes?

Although of course according his stats he seems to be some kind of aggro maniac type of guy so shouldn't be even a problem if you went broke here.

Best regards.
      Isn't calling preflop better? We won't be much ahead, or even on a flip, if he calls the 3bet. And he's aggressive so calling down a TPTK would be very profitable.

I saw the video series of 4ertik and he reccomends to call with these hands so we keep weak hands in his range. What do you think?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If you start playing more of HU game then you start realizing that actually Calling in those spots is much more EV play. Why? Just for the reason that you are practically keeping all worse Kx/Ax hands in the play which may pay you postflop.

Also at the same time you wont isolate yourself against better hands and might at the best get a coinflip. We don't have many opponents anyways behind us so we shouldn't be worried about turning the pot into multiway.