NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.93)
      BB ($5)
      Hero ($7.46)
      UTG+1 ($6.23)
      UTG+2 ($5)
      CO ($1.32)
      BTN ($2.31)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: A:spade: , Hero raises to $0.17, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.17, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.41) 7:diamond: 8:spade: 8:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

TURN ($0.81) 7:diamond: 8:spade: 8:club: Q:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($0.81) 7:diamond: 8:spade: 8:club: Q:diamond: 7:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.35, Hero folds

BTN wins $0.78

villain:30/10/2.5
  • 2 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      What was your plan in this hand? Do you have any reads on Villain's postlfop play? I think you can cbet the flop as even when called you have decent equity against pairs with your 6 outer, but I also think a c/c is fine, since A high is still quite likely to be the best hand on a paired board. On the turn when he checks back it seems obvious that he doesn't have a Q or an 8. The 7 on the river is quite a good card here because I think on the flop villain will check back 7x to try and get to showdown with it, and now we beat 22-66 with our A high on the double paired flop.

Of course, we are now just splitting with any other Ax hand but if we don't bet here, we should definitely call his very small bet as I think we probably have the best hand here :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nipbourne,

The problem with Check/Call is that you just never will know where you stand with your hand on turn. Although he may even just continue with his bluffs and maybe even weaker Ax hands, broadways. Rather just CBet yourself. Against his stack you don't even have to do it very big. If you take him rather a station-kind guy then Check/Fold is also an option. We don't have to win every pot. :>

Best regards.