Ok, I'll start writing a poker blog in English. I'm Finnish, so it's not my native language - the goal is to improve both my poker skills and my English skills.

I play NLHE20, but I intend to move up to NL50 soon. I have 30 bins for 50, but I can't play it comfortably with that - I need at least 50 bins. I'm such a chicken. It would be cool if I could spend the next summer playing poker.

I'm not exactly sure what I will be writing here, but I'll start with reviewing some of my own hands that I found interesting.

Hand 1:

Pelaa käsi

$0.1/$0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6, 7.
Hero raises to $0.60, BU raises to $1.00, SB folds, BB calls $0.80, Hero calls $0.40.

Here I open 76s from the CO, a bit marginal open considering the button is a fish playing 35/11, but it's OK. He min3bets, a 29/8 fish calls, and obviously I call for the nice odds I'm getting. I'm not instaputting him on QQ+ - but those surely are his most likely holdings.

Flop: ($3.1) 6, 8, 5 (3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, BU bets $3.10, BB folds, Hero calls $3.10.

Flop gives me a pair, an OESD, and a backdoor FD. He bets pot, the other fish folds, and the action is on to me. I'm pretty sure he has an overpair at this point. I could c/raise all in and it would be +EV since there is some dead money in the pot and I have 48% equity accorcing to HEM replayer, however I call and hope to hit, cuz I'm pretty sure I will stack him if i hit, and then I can fold if I miss and don't get the proper odds to call on the turn. He might even slowplay or be afraid of the board and give me a free card.

Turn: ($9.3) 7 (2 players)
Hero checks, BU checks.

I hit 2pair, and I consider it to be the nuts. I could donk here, cuz I wanna get the money in now, but decide to go for the checkraise. He might even fold here if I bet big, although I find it unlikely. However it goes check check.

River: ($9.3) 3 (2 players)
Hero bets $16.60, BU calls $13.42(All-In).

So I'm glad the board doesn't pair, and I need to bet here cuz he might check overpairs back again. With this action I'm thinking 99 is the only hand that has me beat, or maybe AKs, AQs with spades. I ended up shoving, cuz I thought he's not folding an overpair no matter what I bet, especially after I checked the turn.

Final Pot: $39.32.
Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, sevens and sixes(6 7).
BU shows a pair of kings(K K).

Hero wins with two pairs, sevens and sixes(6 7).

Hand 2:

Pelaa käsi

$0.1/$0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, J.
CO calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.90, SB folds, BB calls $0.70, CO folds.

Here I isolate a fish with QJo, but end up getting called by a spewy 22/14 reg in the blinds and playing HU vs. him. His raise Cbet is 33%, and he flats approx 5% in the blinds, so I put him on pockets, maybe some SCs. AJ, AQ, KQ are also possible. I had a note on him that he raises paired and monotone boards every time.

Flop: ($2.1) A, 2, A (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $1.45, BB raises to $2.90, Hero calls $1.45.

So the flop is AA2r. I Cbet and think it's very likely he will raise me. And he does. So obviously he's not repping anything, and I'm not folding. So I'm thinking that 1) I have Q and J blockers, and with 2 aces on the board there are not many A-combos he could have, and 2) I don't think he would raise A-trips or 22 here, and 3) he's raising paired boards every time. So I call to rep As or something like TT+ myself.

Turn: ($7.9) A (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

The turn brings the 3rd A, and he checks. So I'm thinking i would check back TT-KK here, and I might check back A-quads, therefore when I check I rep a much stronger range instead of just a random float.

River: ($7.9) 6 (2 players)
BB bets $2.00, Hero raises to $21.08, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Then on the river he bets 2 to 7.9, and I think he has a pocket pair that is now blockbetting. So I have to raise. If I raise to 8, he might just make a curious call, so I have to shove. I'm risking 16.2 to win 9.9, so my bluff needs to work over 60% of the time, however I think it will work 99.9% of the time here. And luckily it does.