Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $7.03
      BU:
      $5.39

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.48, BB folds, BU calls $0.33.

Flop: ($1.01) J:heart: , 9:heart: , 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.55, BU raises to $1.40, Hero raises to $6.55 (All-In), BU calls $3.51 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Turn: ($10.83) 2:spade:
      River: ($10.83) T:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.83

Is this a standard 3bet shove on the flop? He seems quite aggressive and bad and think he will call my 3bet with a wide range IP and is aggressive enough to raise alot of draws on this flop.

Put some ranges into pokerstove and kinda seems to depend on how many hearts draws and or top pair hands you give him to play like this.

I think this is quite a conservative range; { JJ, 99, AJs, AhTh, A9s, KhTh, QhTh, AJo } which gives us 56% which makes me think my play is good.

Any other way to play it ?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello CheckBop,

Well, I wouldn't say that I am getting such a result. Most likely I'd bet myself ~$0,70 and then reevaluate further action. Might even prefer rather making the crying fold:

Board: J:heart: 9:heart: 9:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    59.66%  58.22%   1.45% { JJ+, 99, AJs, A9s, AhTh, KhTh, AJo }
      UTG+1  40.34%  38.89%   1.45% { QdQh }

For this given reason. That you didn't add all overpairs. Since he may even trap you with them. We can't exclude those kind of hands. Although of course we could discount as well a hand like 99 since he would trap with it. But that doesn't change much. Also would he even play draws very aggressively? Plus you can already discount the Q while we have it.

Of course we need ~40% equity here but still it's pretty much flip-spot or near break-even. I might even make the crying fold.

Best regards.