rake

• 4 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey swanny36.

The level of rakeback is very low... I play FL but I can tell you that my reward $ + reload bonus (which clears the same as a First Deposit Bonus (FDB)) nets me ~23% rakeback at Silver status playing mostly .50/1 SH and some .25/.50 SH.

Be aware that to get the most from rakeback you need to make sure you take advantage of reload bonuses when they're available.

TBH though, there are better reasons for playing at 888.com than the level of rakeback.

Hope this helps some.
    • pokeraras
      pokeraras
      Bronze
      TBH though, there are better reasons for playing at 888.com than the level of rakeback.

Can you tell me what are the reasons? I'm playing at WH at the moment
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi pokeraras,

I agree with Waiboy, the headline rakeback isn't the best available in the market, however what Waiboy means is that the headline rate isn't the whole story.

In my own experience, 888poker also provide a great series of freerolls and added value tournaments (some with an overlay, some with money added to the prize pools) and other promotions which offer a form of rakeback.

The standard of your average opponent is much fishier (in my experience) on 888poker than some other big name poker sites. I think you will often get cash rich sports bettors coming in and trying poker out, but without the background knowledge and techniques that somewhere like PokerStrategy.com provides it's members.
      The cash tables in particular seem a lot softer than elsewhere, however it also extends to stt's and tournaments.

In short I played both 888poker and FullTilt alongside each other for many months and whilst Full Tilt offered a 27% headline rakeback payment, I actually made more profit from my play on 888poker.

It's therefore important to weigh up all of the factors and not just rely solely on the headline rb figure. Also add to this the userability of a given platform, mix of and availability of the variants you enjoy playing and whether you enjoy playing there overall, these are also important to consider when choosing a platform.

Sorry for the wall of text, hope you find it useful, shout if you need clarification on any aspect.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      What Bart said. :heart: