[NL2-NL10] [NL2 FR BSS] Blind-defense

• 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Elertar,

Well, of course it is with the Ace blocker. :) If we consider having enough of fold equity there then why not. Nice hand!

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Elertar,

Well, of course it is with the Ace blocker. :) If we consider having enough of fold equity there then why not. Nice hand!

Best regards.
      I know this isn't the case, but about light 3bets... What are the best hands to do it? Suited connectors and small to medium PPs? Broadways can give much trouble imo because we'll often be against a better kicker and lose big pots, and only win medium ones.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I know this isn't the case, but about light 3bets... What are the best hands to do it? Suited connectors and small to medium PPs? Broadways can give much trouble imo because we'll often be against a better kicker and lose big pots, and only win medium ones.

Well, definitely those hands which are pretty easy to play. Like SCs/PPs are easy to play postflop most likely if we don't hit we can easily give up, PPs even very easy.

With those kind of hands which have blockers like Ax, Kx, Qx are usually as well pretty good to 3bet. But now again there must be a lot of information to go for looser 3bet.

I do like to build-up the aggression with those type of hands. While we can even easily sometimes just Check/Fold against decent opponent who doesn't Call 3bets that much and mostly will have a made hand.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Well, definitely those hands which are pretty easy to play. Like SCs/PPs are easy to play postflop most likely if we don't hit we can easily give up, PPs even very easy.

With those kind of hands which have blockers like Ax, Kx, Qx are usually as well pretty good to 3bet. But now again there must be a lot of information to go for looser 3bet.

I do like to build-up the aggression with those type of hands. While we can even easily sometimes just Check/Fold against decent opponent who doesn't Call 3bets that much and mostly will have a made hand.
      But with Qx-Ax, what do you do on the turn and river if he calls when you have TP on the flop? You have to play c/f right?

I know this is too abstract, but I don't want to make a big pot for this just to post the hand and ask :tongue:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      But with Qx-Ax, what do you do on the turn and river if he calls when you have TP on the flop? You have to play c/f right?

Depends really on the board. On some I might even 2barrel, 3barreling is out of question. But the idea would be at some dry boards maybe even Check the turn and let some weaker PPs to Call on river.