$2.08
      SB:
      $3.74
      BB:
      $3.44
      UTG1:
      $0.88

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, Q.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 2 folds, BU raises to $0.18, SB folds, BB calls $0.16, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.57) 8, J, 2 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.57) 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU bets $0.42

Stats for (BU) 70/50/67 10hands
      (BB) 12/8/0 250 hands and fold to 3bet of 50%
      Initially i think my 5x iso-raise is ok, but i have no idea what range to put the (BUT) on as he has been playing like a maniac. What worried me more was the overcall (BB) he is v.tight and i give him a range of 9-9,10-10,A-K,
      A-J. im getting 6-1 on my call so i think this is o.k???
      Could i have played this hand better pre-flop maybe a 4bet??
      i dont think i can call the turn, but found this hand very frustrating any advice on how i could play it better would be very much appreciated.
  • 4 replies
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      Against fish i make a huge raise OOP in that spot and cbet any flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello donkey71,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Well, with your reads if he is really a maniac then just 4bet and get it in. :) No point to Call and then have such a flop and have to decide what to do. But of course as played nothing much to do, we are folding the turn.

Best regards.
    • donkey71
      donkey71
      Bronze
      thanks guys have took your advice on-board and in similar situations have played more aggressive and have shown a profit over last 4 sessions in similar spots. previously i had been far too passive in such situations fearing the fact that i could not put the opponent on a hand and therefore making incorrect play based largely on the fear of running into a big hand when, if anything, this should make me favour my hand more. thanks for the help.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      The best thins is that the more situations you know the more confident you get on your tables. ;)