BRM and multi tabling

• denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      So as the title suggests this is about BRM and playing multi tables either SNG and cash cos I play both.

At the moment I play single tables of sngs(BRM of 50BI) and of cash(BRM of 50BI) now I feel the time is right to move to multi tabling for both sngs and cash games.

The question is how does this affect my BRM,? how many more BIs do you need for each extra table or sng you play?

What do you use?

Is there some kind of standard like the 50BI rule but for multitables?

For example say 4 tables do I actually still use the 50BI rule for all tables, I mean total BR = 50BI or would it be 50 x no tables/sngs played?

Thanks for any help.
  • 4 replies
    • Systemrock
      Systemrock
      Bronze
      In my opinion, you could play with the same BRM as for 1 table. You could make it 60 or 70 BIs for safety, but i play 4 tables SnG's with the same BR like 1 table. Multitabling effects yout hourly win, but not your swings. Like, you won't loose more (assuming you playing your A-Game all the time!) than before with 1 table. Of course, when you'll play less concentrated your looses could be greater, but then you should decrease the number of tables you playing.

Greetings Systemrock
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      I use BRM which is dependant on the limit I play, not the amount of tables.

For example, if I play NL100 using 50BI BRM, I have 5k$ playing NL100, either 1 table or 12 tables.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hi denetomtom,

I can only advise you here on cash games, since I'm not a sng player.

50bi for cash game is very very safe. Normally for cash you can use 25-30 absolutely fine.

As regarding amount of tables and BRM, you don't need to do anything fancy. If you're playing NL2 for example and have a BR of $50, that's 25bis. It shouldn't matter how little or many tables you're playing. You can play 10 at a time with that roll, or you can play 1 at a time.

As systemrock has said though, just be aware the more tables you play, especially at the start of your poker career, the looser your play will become, so you're more likely to drop some $$$ through bad play.

Any other questions I can help with? :)

Best regards,

Jim
    • denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      Ok thanks guys thanks for advice have now deceided that I will keep my BIs at the level they are now and just slowly start to introduce more tables. :)

Thanks