short stack and you need to go all inn...

• cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      let 's say that you are in the final table in a live tournament, you have 9400 chips, blinds 800/1600 plus 150 ante so you are much below the average.. and you are in utg 2 position in a full ring table ( so 9 people in the final table... )
      the player before you folds..
      from with range you can go all inn?
      you know that in 3 hands you will have the big blind so your stack is going to be very very thin so (9400 actual stack- 1600 big blind - 800 small blind - 450 ante...? 6550 chips) so almost every one can call you an all in later.

from which range can you go all in in Utg2? calling is out of the question (unless you have A A or K K and maybe hoping for a raise or go all inn after the flop..) you will loose so much and if a player raises after you are committed anyway..

would you say any pocket pair from 6? from A 5 suited? and A 9 off?
      from K 8 suited and K T off?

can you give me a range? thanks
  • 5 replies
    • cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      I made a mistake, there are still 9 players in the final table and we are the 3rd short stack.
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      It depends on the stack sizes of everyone else at the table and also on their playing style. Check out http://www.holdemresources.net/hr/sngs/icmcalculator.html for instructions on how to play against perfect players.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I just want to inform you that we have moved your thread into the Tournaments: Discussion board, because that is where it belongs :)

Ingrid
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Your still betting into 7 people. If you fold your guarantee a paybump and its easier to steal from the sb and button and you should still have fold equity. Im shoving a very tight range here kqs a10o pp i might not even shove small pp's
    • darkpenance0
      darkpenance0
      Bronze
      Personally I would be reluctant to shove with anything weaker than A8 suited, and any pair weaker than sevens, there is just to much chance somebody has picked up some kind of hand and if your a short stack then there must be big stacks to act after you.

I'd like to wait until I was BB, you may get lucky and get a walk espically if youve shown in the past you agg defend it, you may get a weak limp from the sb or a weak raise in which case you can shove it back. There is room to play from the BB, much more than from EP, its not like with those chips that somebody can call you without damaging there own stack.