Beginner on 10cent tables SNG

• SittingOuts
      SittingOuts
      Bronze
      Hello,

Am muddling my way through many teachings and my bankroll and confidence has me only on the 10c SNG tables. I don't do to badly really, but find as I get closer to the end i.e 3 tables or 2 tables and stacks are high, I begin to panic. I seem to get nervous with the biggers stacks and finish mostly 20th or 30th on some games but unable to get past that.

I find people with the bigger stacks than me, seem more intimidating and know what they are doing! Yet I played a field of 7900 and came 36th!, my stack was 212k and I froze. Made mistakes from then on. As soon as stacks are higher, I don't see past the figures, and it all goes haywire.

I had KK and lost to someone who played a 2, 4 and the stack was 50,000 so does betting change with bigger stacks and we bet differently and hands like that are normal?

Any help or pointing in the direction for information appreciated. Thank you
  • 4 replies
    • MonkeySam
      MonkeySam
      Bronze
      I guess you are playing mtts, instead of sng.
      So, I think you must to understand, big stacks strategy at that points it is try to put alot of pressure on the short stacks, if the guys is a regular ( ok at the 10 c :D ) he can push to steal the blinds, with any two, againts a shorstack.
      So I think, you have to change the strategy, if at field of 7200 you get the 36, its good, so read some articles for that phase, and try to play some cards with certain equity, use the M number, or maybe the blinds, for the push or fold phase.
    • SittingOuts
      SittingOuts
      Bronze
      laughs..

Yes Multi tables...not SNGs...was playing those last year with full tilt but was not very good then not understanding there was so much to learn. I did think it was easy and just a deck of cards.

Learning lots now, after losing a lots!!

Will go off and read more and just losing lately intimidated by the way the regulars play and get tossed off and can't get past the point as said. Thank you for the reply.

*goes to more reading
    • NietzscheF
      NietzscheF
      Bronze
      Hi :D

Nice post!

Don't feel too intimidated, being a shorter stack also has some advantage. You can push a lot more, like you should in that stage if you are under ten big blinds.
    • NietzscheF
      NietzscheF
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SittingOuts
      laughs..

Yes Multi tables...not SNGs...was playing those last year with full tilt but was not very good then not understanding there was so much to learn. I did think it was easy and just a deck of cards.

Learning lots now, after losing a lots!!

Will go off and read more and just losing lately intimidated by the way the regulars play and get tossed off and can't get past the point as said. Thank you for the reply.

*goes to more reading

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/#basic