[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH AQ top pair in position

• Tomaloc
      very unsure about this hand, thoughts

Known players:

0,03/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , Q:club:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,18, 2 folds, BB calls $0,13.

Flop: ($0,39) Q:diamond: , 8:diamond: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,28, BB raises to $0,56, Hero calls $0,28.
      i'm used to seeing this check/minraise line as something strong like a set, anyway since i don't know him yet i call for the read. ready to fold turn if he bets strong

Turn: ($1,51) K:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.
      pretty unusual. a draw?
      i check behind for pot control and to let him bluff, i guess it was probably better to bet again but i couldn't stand a double c/r, not even a double c/minr :f_o:

River: ($1,51) 6:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $1,1, Hero calls $1,10.
      T9 completes, but i'll stick to my hand plan.
      i guess i'd be more worried if FD completed...
      also does he have K sometimes? to be honest i almost completely skipped the possibility

Final Pot: $3,71
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello Tomaloc,

I'd rather make it easy and simple and protect my hand on turn. Which his line looks like even that he is on a draw. If he has a Q he will pay anyways. Although KQ is in his range and some other Kx FD type of hands.

But as played I'd lay down on river, we just beat bluff there. Doubt that he would bet for value there with Qx hands. Also some draws even completed.

Best regards.
    • Tomaloc
      he showed A:sT ?(

huuuge leveling by both of us i guess :f_ugly:
      still you're right, i had no reads on him and so no reason to believe that he'd bluff a busted draw or something, he didn't even seem aggressive