[NL2-NL10] TT overpair flop , 3bet pot.

• CheckBop
      Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:heart: , T:club:
      MP2 raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, 2 folds, SB calls $0.43, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.40) 9:club: , 7:spade: , 3:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.99, MP2 calls $0.99, Hero raises to $4.76 (All-In), SB folds, MP2 calls $3.77.

Turn: ($11.91) A:diamond:
      River: ($11.91) 8:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.91

Whats my play on the flop here? I feel the donk and the call are fairly weak here, so I guess I ship it to try and get value from A9 type hand or any other 9x that may spew call off but slow down on the turn when an overcard falls.

Think I overplayed it really though, is it better to just flat and keep villains range wide as I don' think we get enough worse hands to call our shove. How do we continue on the turn if we flat and an A or K or such falls.

thanks Check.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello CheckBop,

Preflop: Well, what's the reason behind the 3bet? As I see you are doing it against rather nitty opponent. I doubt that you can even do that for value. I'd rather Call and play postflop.

As played
      Postflop: Exactly. :( You are isolating yourself against better hands. It's very likely that you even are beat while there another guy even Calls. At the best I might Call and reevaluate it on turn and most likely lay it down if I see another bet coming in if the Ace hits. Doubt that there are going to be that many 9x hands in their ranges. :(

Best regards.