[NL2-NL10] NL2 BSS AKo in MP1

• dollarihai
      dollarihai
      Bronze
      I had AKo as MP1, bet preflop $0.08, then MP3 min-raised to $0.14. Because it was only a min-raise, I called. I'm wondering if my preflop call was justified. Here's how the game went:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3.45
      MP2:
      $2
      MP3:
      $1.98
      CO:
      $1.61

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , K:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP2 calls $0.08, MP3 raises to $0.14, CO calls $0.14, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.06, MP2 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.59) A:spade: , K:heart: , 4:spade: (4 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $0.06, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.56, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1.84 (All-In), Hero calls $1.28.

Turn: ($4.27) 8:heart:
      River: ($4.27) 2:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.27

Results follow (highlight to see):

Hero shows (Ac Kd)
      MP3 shows three-of-a-kind, aces (Ah Ad)

MP3 wins with three-of-a-kind, aces (Ah Ad)
  • 3 replies
    • dollarihai
      dollarihai
      Bronze
      Double post...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dollarihai,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Yeah well, preflop Call is totally fine while we even are getting good odds. But the problem will be postflop if some bad flop comes for us and we are in such a multiway pot. Usually the case is that our TP might be not so strong.

But as played nothing much to add, doubt that we are getting away with top 2 pairs. Although I guess I'd rather just bet myself on flop to avoid them Checking behind. If they have a hand like Ax or any draw then they are gonna pay you anyways, if they don't then they ain't gonna pay anyways.

Best regards.
    • dollarihai
      dollarihai
      Bronze
      Thanks for the evaluation, I just noticed it. There are some good points I'll need to think about.