This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

An opponent has initiative bss article

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello
      Was not sure where best to post this question, so thought this may be the best place, please move if wrong thread! :)
      I have been going through all the bronze articles for bss over the last couple of days and I seem to be missing a point somewhere;

"the opponent has initiative bb bronze article"

example one- small pocket pair

its says that the call 20 rule condition is not quite met? I cannot figure out why the condition is not quite met ? Have I missed something important along the way? villian has full stack and 20x 1.25 = 25?

Sorry to ask such a dumb question but I just cant see it!!! :(

Roo
  • 3 replies
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Doh i just got it!! has only taken me nearly an hour!!! lol i'm so dumb sometimes when he raises he only has $23.75 left in his stack !!!!!!

I have always been counting the stack and the raise as one! Did not realise I have to x20 with villians remaining stack and not count the raise in the calculation!!! its amazing how rereading these articles always helps!!

I think writting it down in question form must have unlocked some previously never used part of my brain( have a funny feeling there maybe quite a large portion of these unused parts in there lol) :f_frown:

Roo ( the very slow learner) :)

:f_biggrin:
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      :D

i'm not exactly sure what happened here but i'm glad you seem to have figured something out.

-w
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      :D

i'm not exactly sure what happened here but i'm glad you seem to have figured something out.

-w
      Thanks Wendy! I was confusing myself as usual :)
      I have been re-reading all the basic and bronze articles over the last few days, and questioning if I understand everything ,I have looked at in the past.
      I want to try to get my basic game strong and make sure im moving in the right direction, problem is i keep finding things like this lol :)