JohanRember

• JohanRember
      JohanRember
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

So I've decided to try to take up poker a little more seriously.

I've been playing with various results and while I enjoy the game I never really found the motivation to sit down and really improve it.

I've also found it hard to find the time over for poker, I've been working in the poker industry for the past 4 years at poker sites. I've been working myself up from support to poker management, and well, I'd like to leave the sites out and also keep my name anonymous for that reason.

The largest tournament I've played in was the Everest Poker One tournament and I didn't make it past 2 hours, sitting on a table with Liv Boeree I was eventually shortstacked and pushed with 15bb pocket queens. They didn't hold up.

This post is also a way for me to actually do the homework and to spend the time on getting better, which I find very hard with work, gym, and a time craving GF :D .

Winter is quickly approachin and I'm starting to spend more time dreaming of MTTs.

My goal is to pass the beginners course first, and once I've done so I will know that at least I can complete this project that I've started. If anyone has any good tips for MTT videos in the future I'd be glad to watch them.

That's my story, I hope to get to know some of you better and hopefully find someone to sweat with and get a second opinion.
  • 8 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohanRember
      The largest tournament I've played in was the Everest Poker One tournament and I didn't make it past 2 hours, sitting on a table with Liv Boeree I was eventually shortstacked and pushed with 15bb pocket queens. They didn't hold up.
      :s_o: :s_o: starting your introduction thread with Liv will make you very popular :heart:

Welcome to our beginners course JohanRember :)

Best of luck at the tables and hope to see you crushing!

Ingrid
    • JohanRember
      JohanRember
      Bronze
      So I've decided to make a homework Post.

Question 1:

Our preflop equity vs someone holding 33, and we are holding kqs we have:
      KQs: 50.60% equity

When the flop comes we only have 9.7% equity.

Question 2:

Since the pot reaches $0.89 with BU's raise we get 24% pot odds to call. While the odds of us catching the flush at river are slightly less (17%) we still have the implied odds that make up for the loss of value if our opponent pays us off at the river (which he is likely to do if we place a correct value bet).

HH:
      NL4 tricky turn
      NL4 FR CO, 3 barreled IP with top pair
    • JohanRember
      JohanRember
      Bronze
      OOps, just noticed I skipped a few homework... They will come soon :D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      OOps, just noticed I skipped a few homework... They will come soon :D
      chop chop, get to it :f_love:
    • JohanRember
      JohanRember
      Bronze
      Ingi - Coming to Malta anytime soon?

I know grana and Denise miss you.

Check my profile and you'll know who I am haha...
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze

Oh my god :D :D

Hej, hu mar du?

I unfortunately can't make that visit anytime soon :( but will definitely try next year!

How are you? so cool that you're here :heart:

Let me know if you need any help!
      Ingi
    • JohanRember
      JohanRember
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN

Oh my god :D :D

Hej, hu mar du?

I unfortunately can't make that visit anytime soon :( but will definitely try next year!

How are you? so cool that you're here :heart:

Let me know if you need any help!
      Ingi
      bra tack :) .

I was quite suprised when I saw that you were working here too, granted Ingrid Nagy is not that rare hungarian name I had to investigate further and saw the pic on your profile. I was equally suprised!

Cool job, looks like fun!

Take care Ingi, and I'll make sure to ask you for help... and do my homework :f_mad:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #3 Done!

Well, you skipped by the way few homeworks. :D Waiting for them.

About 1st question the equity postflop is wrong, it shouldn't be that small. :P Guess you did put wrong sites. Could you try to do again?

About Question #3:
      There are few situations on turn:
      a) If we take just odds for the FD and we take into account that all our odds are clean. There which means:
      Total Pot = $0,91 ; We have to Call = $0,22 -> According to that it means we are getting ~4,16:1 odds. For flushdraw we would need 4:1. Which tells us that we are getting perfect odds.
      b) If we consider the opponent having sets here:
      Which means we have to discount outs, for example 6 and also 3. Which means we have 7 clean outs. Which means that we need 6:1 odds. That tells us that we need ~$0,41 on river to make it profitable. If we expect the opponent being loose enough and being able to pay us no-matter what then we can do the Call here properly.
      c) We might even have overcards as outs or even 4 as a out:
      Although this kind of situation ain't that likely. I'd rather discount that one and either pick a) or b). Most likely towards Call.

You are doing great progress! Some more points earned.