[NL2-NL10] nl2 - 99 vs Aggressive opponent

• Philfox1985
      Opponent had been three betting a lot so I feel his range is wider than just a very high pocket pair.

Call on flop was fairly marginal, but I know that villian will be betting pot here whether he has an overpair or air.

On turn I'm happy to call after having called the flop, nothing has really changed for me. Also, the bet size felt like he was trying to push me off my hand?

Really the crucial factor in the calls is the range I'm putting him on pre-flop. He is 3 betting around 25% of the time, so while I sometimes see AA or KK here I can alse see AQ, AK, KQ etc, making the play ok against his range?

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9:spade: , 9:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.07, 3 folds, BU raises to $0.24, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.17.

Flop: ($0.51) 7:heart: , 6:club: , 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.51, Hero calls $0.51.

Turn: ($1.53) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.53, Hero calls $1.43 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($4.39) 5:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.39

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, nines and fives (9s 9d)
      BU shows (Ac Qs)

Hero wins with two-pair, nines and fives (9s 9d)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Philfox1985,

Well, with your reads I don't even mind such a play. If you really consider him being such a maniac then he might even be able to ship the turn with just some crap which you easily even beat.

Best regards.