[NL2-NL10] nl2 - River Bluff

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Villian is very aggressive so I expect he will bet with near enough any two on turn. Play made little sense to me given play on flop and board texture so I figured there was a good chance he just had air.

On river we see a nasty card and now can't beat any hand in the deck!

Figured there was value in the bluff here as he will fold his air that actually beats me after that river card. Always getting called if he has a hand, but I hope he folds enough to make it profitable given we have zero showdown value.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $0.59
      Hero:
      $1.97
      BU:
      $4.15

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 2:heart: , 2:club:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, CO folds, BU raises to $0.11, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.09.

Flop: ($0.27) A:diamond: , 5:heart: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.27) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.22, Hero calls $0.22.

River: ($0.71) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.36, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.71
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Rather donk yourself on turn than go for such a line. :)

But as played I doubt that he is ever gonna fold a better hand there on river. To avoid such situations make it easily and simple bet yourself the turn. :>

Best regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      But as played I doubt that he is ever gonna fold a better hand there on river. To avoid such situations make it easily and simple bet yourself the turn. :>

Pretty sure he did given I had the worst possible hand :P

If I bet turn, he only calls us with better, but at least we know to give up on river.

When he bets, it includes his whole range given his aggresion to date.

While it puts me in a tricky position on the river, having his whole range against me should be more +EV?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      +EV of what? :> He is never gonna fold there a PP vs your bet size. :D
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      I'm talking about whether to C/C turn or Bet/Fold when I mention which decision may be better. The river card is pretty irrelivant surely, I'm not going to know that it will pair the board again before I make my choice of whats the best play on turn.

As played I decided to bet river myself as we now lose to 6 - K high, its these 'better' hands that I expect to fold, and I imagine he did.