[NL2-NL10] nl2 - QQ all in on flop

• Philfox1985
      Cuttoff had been very nitty pre-flop raising only a small percentage of his hands. Didn't want to 3 bet QQ Pre-Flop as against he pushing range I figure I have to fold.

Looking at the hand, I'm not convinced that the donk was a great play. Better to check to villian I guess here, then call a bet?

As played are we ok to push here with over-pair and flush draw? The result was nice (his hand was surprising) but was I actually likely in trouble against his range?

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.02, 5 folds, CO raises to $0.09, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.07, UTG folds.

Flop: ($0.21) J:diamond: , T:diamond: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, CO raises to $0.63, Hero raises to $2.10, CO calls $0.93 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Turn: ($3.33) J:heart:
      River: ($3.33) 7:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.33

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows (Jc 2c)
      Hero shows a flush, queen high (Qh Qd)

Hero wins with a flush, queen high (Qh Qd)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Philfox1985,

Well, I guess with the idea of going broke on such a board shouldn't be that off. While he may easily even have Jx like AJ or whatsoever. Also maybe even just overcards+draw.

Although I guess I'd still let him Cbet with his whole range rather than donk. Only reason to donk is if you expect the opponent rather be passive and not CBet that often.

Best regards.