Gold
      Hey.
      Opponent seems like decent thinking reg:
      made 3b in bb vs btn, cbet , 2nd barrel/fold 792d9d
      3b pot IP: minr bluff Qxx
      sqz AJo in sb vs utg and mp, push over small 4b
      r 56s utg, stck off 568r
      reraise 3x AQTss in btn vs utg me /fold

When he bets river his reps only QT but since 9T is busted and who knows he even might turn Jx in to a bluff I called.
      Do you think I've played it fine? Bet sizing ok? How would you play?
      Thanks!

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG) ($20.30)
      Button ($20)
      SB ($32.77)
      BB ($22.87)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, 6
      Hero bets $0.60, Button calls $0.60, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.50) 2, 8, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, Button calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.10) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, Button calls $2

River: ($7.10) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $8, Hero calls $8

Total pot: $23.10
  • 4 replies
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      I don't like your CB on this flop : J8 connecting lots of connectors and sometimes broadways peel here once + PP. He's big floater and his raise on River seems bluffy.
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Gold
      Originally posted by Beseventh
      I don't like your CB on this flop : J8 connecting lots of connectors and sometimes broadways peel here once + PP. He's big floater and his raise on River seems bluffy.
      I think cbetting is fine since I have BFD.
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      Don't take me wrong but really BFD is not really your good out there and you count it as 1 out :>
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gonepoker,

Well the problem with the CBet is that the guy fold to CBet 37% of the time only. :D And unless we plan to 2-3barrel we wont play the hand very profitable. Also he seems to be kinda maniac-like guy who likes even to raise CBets. I'd really be rather inclined to just Check/Fold against those kind of opponents.

But as played he over-bet on river doesn't make much sense, if he even had 2pairs then would he ever overbet like this? Doubt that. He would try to get value from some weaker pairs with making a normal bet. So the only hand which might beat us is QT and would he even with it bet that big on river? He must know himself as well that the board ain't the greatest for us and we wont Call-down very loose. Guess I'd make the crying Call as well while he seems to be even more kind of aggressive player. But of course mainly depends on the opponent as well and our expectations.

Best regards.