PokerStars VIP Store

• MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

I have a bit of a trivial question, but nonetheless. In Pokerstrategy Stars description it is written that you can buy stuff like Sony Vaio or Nintendo Wii in the store.

I just checked the store out of curiousity a bit, but I can't seem to find any such electronics...

Were they removed? Are there any restrictions as from the country you are from (as like certain items not being in store if they can't be shipped to your country?),...?

Kind Regards, Jkob.
  • 7 replies
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Not all countries have the same items on offer. I checked it while sweating with a friend.
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Bronze
      Not a 100% sure on this but im pretty sure electronics are pretty bad value when it comes to buying them with fpp.Best value would probably be to buy the giftcards and buy the goods at that store instead.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Jkob,

You live in Slovenia right? Please confirm and I'll check for you.

Ingrid
    • setka8
      setka8
      Bronze
      Hi!

First of all, sorry for hijacking this thread.
      Secondly, I have seen the same differences in stuff at http://www.pokerstars.ee/en/vip/store/ <(only to .ee client users) and within the pokerstars.ee client softwares VIP store.

I'm also interested in game consoles, TV's and monitors. None available in the clients VIP store.

Can You check it ou aswell Ingrid ?

Thanks in advance!
    • p44mc
      p44mc
      Bronze
      A stars rep recently posted on 2+2 that they're reducing the amount of items in the store in favour of gift certificates - I think it depends on your country if this is possitive or not, for UK players the £250 amazon voucher is MUCH better value than any of the electronics (eg PS3) that were recently removed from the store. Delivery times are also far better as the amazon gift code is e-mailed within 5 mins so you can order what you want straight away, and amazon.co.uk deliver a lot faster than stars themselves!
    • setka8
      setka8
      Bronze
      Originally posted by setka8
      Hi!

First of all, sorry for hijacking this thread.
      Secondly, I have seen the same differences in stuff at http://www.pokerstars.ee/en/vip/store/ <(only to .ee client users) and within the pokerstars.ee client softwares VIP store.

I'm also interested in game consoles, TV's and monitors. None available in the clients VIP store.

Can You check it ou aswell Ingrid ?

Thanks in advance!
      Any info Ingrid ?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

I'm sorry for the delayed reply in here but just got to the end of this topic.

It seems that the online store is country restricted. So, for example if you're from Estonia the store stock will only be visible for you for that country.

PokerStars may do an exception if you ask, but I can't do much about this :(

You guys need to email poker room customer support and ask whether you're able to request other items from the online store or only what you can see through your IP.

Keep me updated please and let me know what they say.

Ingrid