[NL2-NL10] [Nl2 Fr Bss] KJ Top pair postflop

• Elertar
      Known players:     

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:club: , J:club:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0,02, CO calls $0,02, BU folds, Hero calls $0,01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,08) K:diamond: , 8:spade: , 3:spade: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0,06, 2 folds, CO raises to $0,12, Hero calls $0,06.

Turn: ($0,32) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,23, CO calls $0,23.

River: ($0,78) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $0,78

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows (Kh 3h)
      Hero shows two-pair, kings and nines (Kc Jc)

Hero wins with two-pair, kings and nines (Kc Jc)

I'm not sure about my play here. I think calling the min-raise on the flop is fine, but I have doubts about my play on the turn. Do I still have to protect against the flush? As the villain raised on the flop, can I consider that he is not on a draw and play for pot control on the turn?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello Elertar,

Preflop: You can as well even raise it up. Although completing is totally fine as well.
      Postflop: Although if I played it passively preflop then I'd just Bet/Fold it right on flop. Also what's the reason for donking the turn? I mean after his min-raise rather Check it and take a look at his line.

Best regards.
    • Elertar
      The reason for donking the turn? I don't know... That min-raise messed up my mind. I thought that if he had a better hand he would have raised stronger. So I assumed I was still ahead and decided to raise for protection. This was kind of a mini-tilt lol.

I'll stick with Bet/Fold on flop. Thank you!