This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AJs flushdraw NL2 FR

• padretino
      padretino
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BB): $2.08
      UTG: $0.97
      UTG+1: $0.98
      MP: $2.01
      MP+1: $2.11
      LP: $2.02
      CO: $2.42
      BTN: $0.71
      SB: $2.08

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:club: J:club:

fold, fold, MP raises to $0.04, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.02

Flop: ($0.09, 2 players) 6:club: 9:club: 2:diamond:
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.13, MP calls $0.07

Turn: ($0.35, 2 players) 8:club:
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

River: ($0.85, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.81, Hero raises to $1.66 and is all-in, fold

villain = 37/24 49 hands

So, i only called his minR cos i think i had good odds there, though i think it 'd be much more interesting if i had called on the BU or CO and played the flop IP

Either way, on the flop i played ch/r, semi bluffing on this occasion cos the villain doesnt seem too passive and the flop doesnt really have a lot of scare cards, I think the only range he wouldnt fold to a ch/R here would be possibly: 99, 66, 22, overpairs, 9x, god-knows-what club suited cards, 78s, 78o; so everything else i think he'd fold so i really think i have some fold equity here; besides i think by ch/R here im balancing my line too.

the turn was the street that made me more confused, i dunno if i should lead here or ch/r or c/c. maybe i should lead given the action on the flop, the villain aint passive but hes not super agressive aswell, and if he actually has anything, maybe he'd pay here a lot i guess, and if another club card showed up in the river, it'd prevent me for having my action killed.

the river i dont think i can play any other way than c/r, i could never lead i believe, cos i dont think many worse cards would pay here; another question: can i jam here?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello padretino,

Flop: If you want to Check/Raise it then do it properly. :P Check/Raise bigger ~$0,20 at least.

As played
      Turn: I don't like the Check/Call at all here! Rather just Bet yourself and avoid him Checking behind which we don't want to see. If I am going to Check then most likely Check/Raise right here. :)

As played
      River: What's the reason even for going to Check line here? Do you ever expect the opponent to bluff here? But of course as played Check/Shove it!

Best regards.