NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20.41)
      BB ($20.50)
      UTG ($24.17)
      UTG+1 ($33.43)
      CO ($26.86)
      Hero ($31.01)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, SB raises to $2.20, fold, Hero calls $1.60

FLOP ($4.60) 8:diamond: J:diamond: 9:club:

SB bets $3.30, Hero calls $3.30

TURN ($11.20) 8:diamond: J:diamond: 9:club: J:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $5.50, SB raises to $14.81, Hero folds

SB wins $21.09

24/21/3
      3bet 15.6
      cbet flop 67
      cbet turn 33 (6)
      hands 278

Is my float ok?
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Well with your thoughts of course it's possible to play it this way. Since if you are Calling it preflop then you should as well float such boards very often and have the expectations to take it down on turn if he Checks into your.

Although the question is if there is any point to bet the turn anyways? We could easily just Check behind with our GS+overcards and if he shows weakness on river by Checking it again you could still try to take it down then.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Although the question is if there is any point to bet the turn anyways?

On turn the bet looks strongeer I think. If I check turn, then he might think, that I don't have a jack, unless he is thinking that I am slowplaying jack.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Although the question is if there is any point to bet the turn anyways?

On turn the bet looks strongeer I think. If I check turn, then he might think, that I don't have a jack, unless he is thinking that I am slowplaying jack.
      But well, if he doesn't have a hand he will fold on river as well. If he doesn't have a hand then he wouldn't bet the river. Most likely wouldn't bluff either.

And would you really bet 1/2 on turn with your Jx on such a draw-heavy board?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      But well, if he doesn't have a hand he will fold on river as well. If he doesn't have a hand then he wouldn't bet the river. Most likely wouldn't bluff either.

My thinking was - if I check the turn, its very likely that he will bluff on the river, he see that I have no hand. Why do you think he should not bet the river if he see my weakness? Maybe if some of the draws complete then he will not bet. I guess thats the reason - it is very likely that this will happen on the river actually, because the board is very drawy. I guess i answered my question :)
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      Dont like flat preflop. But as played, i think both are fine..betting turn and check behind for a free card. Must know stats though, sometimes i would even check turn and if he bets the river i will shove as a bluff. Really strong line, but needs thinking players that to work.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Dont like flat preflop.

What to do against his wide 3bet range? I think he is 3beting a lot of weaker hands, I am IP, so I have good reason to call. I don't want to 4bet/push or 4bet/fold my KQ, so in my opinion its best to call.