This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - TPTK on 3bet pot

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $19.64
      MP3:
      $9.85
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU (Hero):
      $11.14
      SB:
      $9.90

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB folds, BB raises to $1.00, Hero calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.05) 8, K, 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.30, BB calls $1.30.

Turn: ($4.65) 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.65) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.40, BB raises to $6.90, Hero calls $3.50.

Final Pot: $18.45.

He was like 70/4, but over a few hands only.

I checked the turn because I put him on Kx, 9x, 8x and TT-JJ. I think he wouldn't call 3 streets with 9x, 8x and TT-JJ, that's why I checked. But I think I should have betted anyway, to win big pots against worse Kx.

On the river I called the c/r because I checked the turn, so I showed weakness. So if he had a hand on the river he would have betted it, because there was a good chance I'd CBH.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Well, the problem is that I doubt that he turns his hand into bluff this way. :( Our line ain't that weak either while betting it big on river.

Against that kind of guy I'd rather just Bet/Bet/Bet rather than Bet/Call the river. Most likely as I played it this way then I'd just Bet/Fold it vs rather station-passive guy.

Although that's true that against a lot of players I would prefer also Checking behind on turn for get value from hands like TT-QQ.

Best regards.