Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $1.66
      Hero:
      $4.74

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , Q:heart:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.23) A:spade: , J:diamond: , T:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.1, Hero raises to $0.30, MP3 raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($1.23) 5:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.1, Hero calls $0.10.

River: ($1.43) 9:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 raises $0.96 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.39

the reason why i flat called here was because this guy raised before when i had AKs and i 3bet him. he called and shoved flop so i thought i could get away with flat calling and seeing a flop and playing him IP which obviously didnt work out. at the turn i gave up but the bet was so small i just called it because he could have been doing that with a FD and i was happy to see the river at the price he gave me... then it was the worst river card possible and i had to fold but it was a hand that wasnt very clean cut and i know there is a better way to play here, im just not sure what it is. would 3bet/fold preflop have been better? and if so, if he called the 3bet, how should i have played flop? thanks.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Why do you raise the flop? You are just isolating yourself against better hands. Rather just Call it and reevaluate further streets.

As played I guess I'd just fold to the min-3bet. We can already be pretty much dead against straights and we can't be sure that will even help us. If you wanted to continue then just ship it vs his stack.

Best regards.