NL10 SSS Not on 770 or Pokerstar

• Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      So I've read the Stategy, printed off my starting hands answered the quiz and got the $50 (TY BTW).

Signed up with 770.

Went to play NL10 and get told "Due to the size of your bankroll and our agreement with pokerstrategy you cannot play this level!!!!" (Not exact quote)

So I try it with my Bankroll on Pokerstar...... Min there is $4 so SSS can't be done on $50!

I like the idea of SSS but can't play it above NL04 (Going on with $1) this is slowwwwwww. and very rearly do I get just one caller so really hard even with AA!

Have I missed something in the strategy or is the a breakdown of communications between Pokerstrategy and the Poker Rooms.

Please have a word with 770, I really want to play NL10 there!

Again, I think this site is great for beginners such as myself but am frustrated at not being able to play the way this site recommends!

Confused but never flustered! ?(
  • 13 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Deadbillis,

Guess who?

I already responded to your cool introduction :f_cool:

About SSS; most Poker Rooms changed their minimum BI at the tables to 40BB instead of the previous 20BB. This changed the scope of Online Poker somewhat and it made SSS very difficult to play.

To combat this change, PokerStrategy released a new strategy called the MSS (Mid Stack Strategy) where players can buy-in for 40BB and play that stack profitably. If you follow this link it will show you our strategy guide for MSS.

Please have a word with 770, I really want to play NL10 there!

Good news here for you :)

You can lift these restrictions at Poker 770 by;

- Generating $50 in rake or tournament fees or
      - Depositing $100

You can find out how much rake you have generated so far by contacting Poker770 Online Support Team. The next time you log-in to their software you should see a tab at the top that says "Online Support" If you open that up, you should be greeted by a member of their team, who will be glad to answer any of your questions.

If you need any more help/advice please don't hesitate to ask us :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Cheers that helps a lot.

I will read MSS and see how I get on with that!
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Been testing the MSS on 888 with the $8 bonus you guys gave me....
      NL2 made $2 :) .
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good to see you are taking advantage of our offers :)

I wish you all the best in your poker journey be it MSS/BSS or Tournaments :)

You could always start a blog in our blogging section, could be a great way to meet players in similar circumstances or similar places in the Poker world

Just a suggestion ofc ;)

All the best,
      Gary
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      isnt kinda sad to play sss on micros? :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wnbMG
      isnt kinda sad to play sss on micros? :D
      I disagree,

Playing SSS or even MSS can be very profitable at the Micros. It also gives you a great basis to start and learn from. Imo, it is the best strategy for new players as it gives them the greatest chance possible to get off to a winning start.

Assuming that you make yourself at ease with the Starting Hands chart and all our other strategy concepts, the strategy is designed to win.

I would suggest at least playing a minimum of 4 tables though as it can get a little tedious just sitting there and waiting for the premium hands.

Gary
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Hi Deadbillis

From your posts I see you aren't completely familiar with bankroll management, and that is one of the most important things in online poker (I know you might think it's not but i'm sure everyone here will tell you that it really is). So it's not a smart idea to start playing NL10 with a bankroll of 50$ even if it's SSS or MSS. If you are just starting you should have a bit more conservative bankroll management which includes at least 30 buy ins for the limit you are playing.
      With your 50$ you should start at nl2 where you would have 25 buy ins for BSS or more than 60 buy ins for MSS which is quite enough and you should move up to the next limit very quickly by following what you learned here at pokerstrategy.
      Hope this helps

Gl at the tables!
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      I agree, for newbies like myself it's a great way to increase the bankroll without too much risk of bankrupting! I'm playing 3 table (4 is too many for me at the moment as I always seem to get hands at the same time!)

The thing I struggled with but now understood is the 'steal/resteal' chart, this adds that little bit of uncertainty to (what is) a very basic 'A to B to C' way of playing. It's also quite funny how many times an EP1 raiser will fold to you.

Granted there are more exiting games but if you've only got a small bankroll why risk it?
      Example from yesterday:
      MP1 raised, I reraise from SB with AKo. MP1 calls.
      FLOP 7TA (Rainbow), MP1 checks, I bet, he Calls!!*.
      Turn K, MP1 bets I push allin, he calls (77).
      I lose $1. If I was playing big stack I've done $5+.
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Hi Pokerprons.

I do understand Bankroll which was why I started this link. After reading the Small Stack strategy I had tried to play as it suggested
      ($50 = NL10 buy $2 chips, restack at $1.50, leave table at $2.50)

As I say above, a lot of sites do not let you buy in for $2 on NL10 anymore so this strategy cannot be played.

After the helpful comments above, I have studied the MSS and am now playing NL2 and making a good return.

I agree that Bankroll Management is vastly important and vastly misunderstood!
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Deadbillis
      I agree, for newbies like myself it's a great way to increase the bankroll without too much risk of bankrupting! I'm playing 3 table (4 is too many for me at the moment as I always seem to get hands at the same time!)

The thing I struggled with but now understood is the 'steal/resteal' chart, this adds that little bit of uncertainty to (what is) a very basic 'A to B to C' way of playing. It's also quite funny how many times an EP1 raiser will fold to you.

Granted there are more exiting games but if you've only got a small bankroll why risk it?
      Example from yesterday:
      MP1 raised, I reraise from SB with AKo. MP1 calls.
      FLOP 7TA (Rainbow), MP1 checks, I bet, he Calls!!*.
      Turn K, MP1 bets I push allin, he calls (77).
      I lose $1. If I was playing big stack I've done $5+.
      You should play 3 tables if you feel comfortable, you don't need to hurry, after some time you will get used to it and it will be no problem for you to add another table, and so on... take your time, you just want to improve your game at this point.
      "ABC" game is all you need at the micros, in fact it's the most profitable strategy imo. Just stick to the charts and read all the articles you can here on pokerstrategy so you can learn new things and improve your game. And with this bankroll you shouldn't have to worry about the money, and just concentrate on playing your Agame and crushing the opposition.
      About the hand- It's just a setup, nothing you can do about it. You should definitely go broke with TPTK at the micros, even more when you hit top two pair on the turn. You played the hand well imo.

Gl&hf at the tables ;)
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      You could always start a blog in our blogging section, could be a great way to meet players in similar circumstances or similar places in the Poker world

All the best,
      Gary
      Sounds like a plan. Started blog "$50 MSS on NL2"
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Excellent stuff :)

Glad to see that. I edited your above post so it now includes a link to your blog also :)

All the best,

Gary
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I just want to inform you that we have moved your thread into the NL Beginners Question board, because that is where it belongs :)

Ingrid