UTG: $13.87
      UTG+1: $4.00
      MP: $10.19
      MP+1: $14.47
      Hero (CO): $10.21
      BTN: $21.08

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:spade: Q:spade:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, MP raises to $0.50, fold, Hero calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, SB calls $0.45, fold, UTG calls $0.40

Flop: ($2.60, 5 players) 2:spade: Q:diamond: J:spade:
      SB bets $1.30, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.30, fold

Turn: ($5.20, 2 players) 3:spade:
      SB bets $2.60, Hero calls $2.60

River: ($10.40, 2 players) J:heart:
      SB bets $4.85, Hero calls $4.85

SB shows 2:diamond: 2:club: (Full House, Twos full of Jacks) (Pre 50%, Flop 69%, Turn 20%)
      Hero shows A:spade: Q:spade: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 50%, Flop 31%, Turn 80%)
      SB wins $19.10

PostF: Just unlucky? what do u think my play on the turn?
  • 10 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Well, I doubt that I am getting away here and would play much differently. No point to raise the turn anyways while we have pretty much the nuts. Nice hand! Most likely would have ended the same way anyway.

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I called it on the turn because of this hand NL10 FR A5s 31.08

it's funny but I'm not crushing NL10. I've been crushed by NL10. I don't know what's going on but I started to be distressed. 15000 hands and I'm -5BI. I play good poker without any mistakes(maybe this hand was a little mistake: NL10 FR JTs 09.09). I'm not tilting at all. Is it possible to give you my hands for evaluate? of course I will pay for it. maybe you will find my leak and you will point it because my run on NL10 is like a nightmare.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BGawli
      I called it on the turn because of this hand NL10 FR A5s 31.08

it's funny but I'm not crushing NL10. I've been crushed by NL10. I don't know what's going on but I started to be distressed. 15000 hands and I'm -5BI. I play good poker without any mistakes(maybe this hand was a little mistake: NL10 FR JTs 09.09). I'm not tilting at all. Is it possible to give you my hands for evaluate? of course I will pay for it. maybe you will find my leak and you will point it because my run on NL10 is like a nightmare.
      That's tough to hear, do you do table selection? And do you play FR and SH or just FR?

Also you could be EV- on the beginning, maybe now you're an EV+ player.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      There could be various problems. Might not even come from the game. Of course I could take a look at your hands but it might be even better to take a look at your game. Since I know how you playing your hands and seen couple of them which you posted.

Plus of course the sample size is just way too small, for example one of my samples which I played on PokerStars:

Doesn't look that good? Eh? :D But that's even for 30k hands. Hopefully you do understand what's the point in this graph here (EV).

I'd rather consider you having problems with keeping yourself in the game when you having such beats and you ain't used to it. Might try to find someone to have a sweat session with you and get back to track.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I'm sure that I play correct on NL10 and my downsing is because of variance but I want to hear it on you- coach and I'll pay for it. This is my second attempt on NL10. First finished -14BI and I have to agree that I made a lot of mistake. I've improved my game since last time. I made amazing progress in my play. I watched all videos twice and I will still watching it. I'm serious about poker and this run is like nosebleed.
      With mindset I don't have problem at all. I'm not tilting on NL10 even on NL6. I have lucky that I have great mindset because I would be probably bankrupt.
      I don't say that I don't make mistake on NL10 because I would be liar. Everybody makes mistakes so do I but every big pot I lost.
      Tell me how much money do u wanna for evaluate my 20.000 hands. I will also do effort and I'll make description to hands. I'll prepare everything for you.

this weekend was like nightmare cost me 60$ on NL10 and 3$ on NL6.

what's interesting? I just play only 2 tables on NL10 because I want to get used to to this limit. After 14.000 hand I'm -62$ and -2.22 BB/100
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Lets talk in Skype some day and I will give few thoughts of mine and then we gonna decide what do do and what you need. :)
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      fine... I will talk to you later... about 6-8pm. I hope you will be on the skype
      Back to the hand...
      why do u claim that call on the turn is correct play?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      fine... I will talk to you later... about 6-8pm. I hope you will be on the skype
      Back to the hand...
      why do u claim that call on the turn is correct play?
      Well, if we are raising we are just making a lot worse hands to fold which we obviously don't want to. While we even holding the Q it makes him less likely to have a hand.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I'd like to back again to this hand. I've just saw a polish video made by TheNaturat.
      He's got A :club: Tx
      Board:
      Flop: x :club: x :club: x :club: Turn: x :club:

Preflop: Hero isolate raised more limper preflop but only one limper called his raise. Both players were on 100bb stack.
      Flop: hero made standard CBet. Limper called.
      Turn: Opponent made donk bet about 2/3Pot. Our hero shoved all in for the rest of the stack.

I was surprised of this move. Hero explained that he didn't want bed card which could kill action on the river.
      Edit. Hero mentioned about set that he didn't want to give opportunity to complete FH.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I was surprised of this move. Hero explained that he didn't want bed card which could kill action on the river.
      Edit. Hero mentioned about set that he didn't want to give opportunity to complete FH.

But well, as you may understand that the guy ain't gonna Call with a lot worse either. :D And shoving might scare away a lot weaker hands, although they may still pay on river.

For example. If the guy has set, he is going to hit against us:

Board: 4:club: 5:club: 6:club:  J:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    77.27%  77.27%   0.00% { AcTh }
      UTG+1  22.73%  22.73%   0.00% { 66 }

Only 23% of the time. Which means it's pretty much nothing. But while we Call and gonna keep weaker hands in the play, in long run we should do much better with that kind of play. Even some made flushes on flop may level themselves to Call on river, although they wont Call you on turn if you ship.

I'd myself prefer Calling on turn unless I have good reason to think that the guy would really play sets this way. Plus obviously we keep bluffs in the play, what's the best plan of it. He may even ship the river. Most likely he may even have bluffs in his range which is donking like that. Or what do you think? :)