UTG+1 ($4)
      MP ($2.30)
      Hero (CO) ($13.13)
      BTN ($12.05)
      SB ($12.19)
      BB ($28.01)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 7 players) Hero is CO A:diamond: J:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, 1 fold, SB calls $0.30, 1 fold

Flop: J:spade: 9:spade: Q:diamond: ($0.80, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50

Turn: A:club: ($1.80, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, SB calls $1.20

River: 5:diamond: ($4.20, 2 players)
      SB bets $5.40, Hero ??
      folds

Final Pot: $9.60

SB wins $9.39 (net +$1.94)

Hero lost $2.05

I don't use stats unfortunately. Villain was unknown, playing one table, sort of a slightly agressive-fish, meaning that he mixed some open limps with raises, even resteals preflop. When I saw the overbet on the river I thought I'm beat but after the hand finished I was thinking that his overbet doesn't represent that much, people tipically potbet with the nuts here and I don't that he would donk AQ after calling 2 streets, nor that he would slowplay a set this much but everything is possible. What do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I think that you are the guy with whom I was chating yesterday and I lost few bucks because of enter press:P
      Back to the hand...
      Maybe I'm not appropriate person to evaluate your play but in my opinion I would have made crying fold on the river. It would be hard to fold 2pairs but I learned so far that this type of play are pretty strong. On the river if he hadn't donk bet I would have play bet/fold...
      btw I didn't see results but I think u were beaten...
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Hey! Thanks for commenting!

I told you yesterday but I probably didn't make myself clear. Go to "Settings" -> "Game Settings" and make sure "Disable shortcut keys" is enabled, even if it's already enabled, disable and re-enable it then press "Save and close". For some reason the site doesn't register this setting so every time I open the software I re-enable it. This way pressing Enter or any other keys won't affect your game anymore. I know how frustrating is to type a note while multitabling, the site interprets every Enter press as a minraise.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BadeaCelRau,

Well the thing is, his play just doesn't make sense at all. Even if he had straight/2pairs/set wouldn't he just Check/Raise on flop or turn? The 5 didn't complete much of his calling range.

Plus of course he might saw some kind of weakness in your bet sizes and thought he has some kind of fold equity with overbetting. I guess with the reads you mentioned that he can be aggressive I might even make the crying Call here. :D We still beat a lot of 2pair type of combos which can be even in his range. Plus of course busted draws.

Although of course if you don't want to make such Call-downs then folding is totally fine and mostly even the safest play.

Best regards.