How to improve non-showdown winnings!

• Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      I've been analyzing my sessions over the past week... some hands good, some bad and some VERY ugly. But hey, that's all part of the game and the learning process of poker.

While my All-in EV is doing impressively well, my non-showdown winnings are not. They're in the red and I'm not really sure where I'm going wrong with them. Here is my graph, I am aware 2k hands isn't a very wide sample:

I'm sure there are lots of other relative newbies like myself that are interested to know how to improve their NSDW. Or is this being relatively low, even negative normal?

I think it could be because I'm picking inopportune times to cbet in micro limits against people who will call with any type of pair. I'm going to spend today re-reading the bronze and silver post-flop play articles.
  • 5 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      2k hands indeed is no sample size... :)

But if you manage to keep NSDW flat or even slightly negative it is great... ;) It would be a problem if you would loose more with NSDW as you would win at SD...
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      What do you think about my red line? Isn't it too low?

• TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by staktas
      What do you think about my red line? Isn't it too low?

Your red line is going down just like blue one is going up...you need to improve it a little it eats away all your winnings.

Check your cbet stat, and how often it is successfull, you might be cbetting too much. Also what are your wtsd/w$sd stats?
      Can't really say much just from graph...
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Check out my blog if you can. Last post is a report for August, with all stats and graphs.
    • Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      2k hands indeed is no sample size... :)

But if you manage to keep NSDW flat or even slightly negative it is great... ;) It would be a problem if you would loose more with NSDW as you would win at SD...
      Thanks man, as long as it's not too big a problem to be slightly negative! I was worried a little, not too familar with the statistical trends etc. :f_cool: